Welcome to the DISNEY Reporter! Each week we cover the top five headlines of the week from Disney and geekdom. This week there are quite a few fun headlines.
First off, Disney CEO Bob Chapek is aiming to reopen the Disneyland Resort parks by the end of April. This news comes as the parks have remained closed for exactly a year. Take a look at our retrospective look at the last day the parks were open at the Disneyland Resort. Over at EPCOT, on October 1st Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be opening on October 1st as a part of the 50th Anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.
In movie news, Avatar is once again the top grossing global box office movie of all time. This weekend it surpassed Avengers: Endgame.
Finally, Bob Iger has again confirmed that he intends to leave Disney at the end of this year. He will be stepping down in December.
Those are the top Disney and geek headlines from this week. Which one do you think is the top story? Let us know in the comments! We’ll see you in the parks!
DISNEY Reporter Headlines
- Disneyland Resort Aims to Reopen by End of April https://dapsmagic.com/2021/03/disneyland-resort-parks-to-reopen-late-april/
- Looking Back at Disneyland Closure https://dapsmagic.com/2021/03/looking-back-one-year-after-disneylands-closure/
- EPCOT’s Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure to Open on October 1 https://dapsmagic.com/2021/03/remys-ratatouille-adventure-to-open-at-epcot-on-october-1/
- Avatar Surpasses Avengers: Endgame at Global Office https://dapsmagic.com/2021/03/avatar-takes-top-spot-at-global-box-office-marvel-celebrates/
- Bob Iger Confirms End of Year Retirement https://dapsmagic.com/2021/03/bob-iger-confirms-intent-to-leave-disney-at-end-of-the-year/