MagicBand+ is now available for Magic Key holders, DVC members, and eligible cast members. There are three locations where MagicBand+ can currently be purchased by those who are eligible:
- Disneyland Park – Starcade
- Disney California Adventure Park – Super Store featuring Avengers Campus
- Downtown Disney District – Building adjacent to Star Wars Trading Post
There are multiple options available for eligible guests wishing to purchase MagicBand+. Not only can MagicBand+ be purchased, cast members are also on hand to help link them to the Disneyland App. Here is a look at what was being offered at Downtown Disney District:
The MagicBand+ wearables can be linked to the Disneyland App and to specific tickets/Magic Keys to allow entrance into Disneyland or Disney California Adventure (with valid admission and a reservation). This also provides a way to connect Disney PhotoPass photos from a photographer while in the parks. MagicBand+ also opens up new immersive experiences throughout the resort. This includes Batuu Bounty Hunters with the Play Disney Parks app and interaction with Nighttime Spectaculars.
MagicBand+ also will interact with attractions in unique ways throughout the park and also other experiences. For example, when exiting the Haunted Mansion the Magic Band pulses like a heart beat. Another place the MagicBand+ interacts is outside of it’s a small world during the We Don’t Talk About Bruno projection show. Daps Magic team member Angela filmed her MagicBand+ interacting with this projection show on the first weekend that wearables were available at the Disneyland Resort. The video can be seen below.
MagicBand+ will be available for all guests starting on October 26, 2022. Starting on this date, MagicBand+ will be available at the following locations:
- Downtown Disney District: World of Disney, Disney’s Pin Traders
- Disneyland park: Emporium, Pioneer Mercantile, Tomorrow Landing (reopening Oct. 26)
- Disney California Adventure park: Elias & Co., Trolley Treats, Oswald’s, Seaside Souvenirs
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Disney’s Fantasia Shop, Mickey in Paradise, Acorns Gifts & Goods
Have you gotten a MagicBand+ yet? If not, will you be getting one? Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences in the comments below!