MagicBand+ is now available for all guests who visit the Disneyland Resort. Last week, the wearable technology rolled out to Magic Key holders, DVC members, and eligible cast members. Today, MagicBand+ is available to all who visit this happy place. MagicBand+ can be purchased at multiple locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. This includes:
- Downtown Disney District: World of Disney, Disney’s Pin Traders
- Disneyland park: Emporium, Pioneer Mercantile, Tomorrow Landing (reopening Oct. 26)
- Disney California Adventure park: Elias & Co., Trolley Treats, Oswald’s, Seaside Souvenirs
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Disney’s Fantasia Shop, Mickey in Paradise, Acorns Gifts & Goods
- Mickey & Friends and Pixar Parking Lot: Pop-up Shop
Ahead of today, the MagicBand+ wearables were available to Magic Key holders, DVC members, and also eligible cast members at the following locations:
- Disneyland Park – Starcade
- Disney California Adventure Park – Super Store featuring Avengers Campus
- Downtown Disney District – Building adjacent to Star Wars Trading Post
There are multiple different styles that are on sale at the Disneyland Resort. There is a Magic Key exclusive style and also some Disneyland Resort exclusive designs as well.
Setting Up MagicBand+
Once a guest has purchased a MagicBand+, it can be set up and linked to the Disneyland App in three steps.
- Power on the MagicBand+ by pushing on the button on the back
- Tap the MagicBand+ to the back of your phone and then open or download the Disneyland app (it will tell you too)
- Follow the instructions on the Disneyland app to link the MagicBand+ to your Disney account, assign it to a ticket, and also pair it to your smartphone
It is a good idea to bring a charger if using MagicBand+ right after purchasing as it may not have enough charge for a full day. However, a fully charged MagicBand+ can last from one to three days. It is suggested that it be turned off after charged until use so that the battery doesn’t drain. The MagicBand+ is also waterproof so have fun on the water rides at the Disneyland Resort!
MagicBand+ may be used to enter Disneyland Resort theme parks (with reservation and valid admission), check in at Lightning Lane entrances (separate Lightning Lane entry required), and can also link photos from a Disney PhotoPass photographer to a Disney account.
Another thing MagicBand+ can do is unlock new storytelling experiences as the technology comes to life with color-changing LED lights and haptic vibrations. This happens during specific park experiences and entertainment. Some attractions throughout the Disneyland Resort will also interact with MagicBand+. This includes WEB SLINGERS: A SPIDER-MAN ADVENTURE and the Haunted Mansion.
At night the MagicBand+ comes to life during nighttime spectaculars. It illuminates and pulse in sync to special moments during World of Color in Disney California Adventure and also Fantasmic! at Disneyland. It also interacts with the We Don’t Talk About Bruno projection moment on the facade of it’s a small world.
Moving forward, MagicBand+will come to life during other select nighttime shows at the Disneyland Resort throughout the year as well. This includes the two new nighttime spectaculars arrive in January for the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration.
Guests visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland can use MagicBand+ to experience Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters interactive quest. Seek out virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost and then use the Play Disney Parks app and its augmented reality thermal viewer to find out who’s really hiding in the shadows.
MagicBand+ works at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. However, each resort has unique features and experiences. The features that are available today for the Disneyland Resort with MagicBand+ are just the first step. Disney shared that more innovations and experiences will be coming in the future.
What do you think of MagicBand+? Do you have one already? Will you be getting one? What do you think of the experiences? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!