As the Christmas season winds down this weekend at the Disneyland resort, the next week will bring a number of closures for the winter season. These refurbishments are necessary as preparations are underway to ready the resort for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge this summer.
The jewel of Disneyland, Sleeping Beauty Castle, will undergo a massive refurbishment to repair and refresh the turrets. Starting January 7th, guests will notice scaffolding with decorative scrim start to take shape as the castle receives some TLC. While there will be no major changes to the castles look, the refurbishment will continue until the Spring. The Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough is affected by the refurbishment and will close on January 17th.
Other refurbishments this winter season include:
- Haunted Mansion, January 7th-17th
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Exterior, January 7th
- Grizzly River Run, January 7th
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, January 14th-17th
- Enchanted Chamber, January 17th
- Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough, January 17th
- “it’s a small world” Holiday, January 22nd-31st
- Sailing Ship Columbia, January 22nd
- Fantasmic, January 22nd
- Splash Mountain, February 4th
What do you think about the castle getting a refresh?