While the magic was made for every member of the family, it can seem like taking toddlers to Disneyland is equal to trying to climb the Matterhorn! There are incredible opportunities to make magic for the preschool-age children in your group no matter where you go!
Disneyland is here to help in as many ways as they can! If at any point in your trip, you need to seek help from an expert, Disneyland cast members will go above and beyond to make sure your trip runs smoothly! You can head to City Hall in Disneyland or the Chamber of Commerce in Disney California Adventure Park to get all the help you need. Disneyland Resort also offers:
- Family-friendly Restrooms
- Baby Care Centers
- Secure Lockers
There are a number of Disneyland attractions that were designed for the young and young at heart! Here are just some of the many options
- Alice in Wonderland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Royal Theatre at Fantasy Faire
- “it’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Goofy’s Playhouse
- Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Disney California Adventure Park
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage!
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters (32″/81 cm or taller)
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
Guests wanting to experience more thrilling attractions can use rider switch to allow adults to experience the ride separately while the other hangs out with the little ones. As the name suggests, you can “switch” and the second adult can get in line and experience a minimal wait. Be sure to ask cast members at your favorite attractions all about it!
There are so many opportunities to meet some of the children’s favorite characters! Simply download the Disneyland app and there will be ideas of where to find characters as well as show times that include characters! There is always a Disney character spreading magic around the park, so be sure to keep your eyes and ears open! You never know who you could run into.
There are so many options for dining with a family! If you’re looking for healthier options, look at the menu for the Mickey check symbol! These will help you sort through the options and quickly identify better choices. If you’re looking more along the lines of special dietary requests, you can check out the allergy-friendly menus at all table-service and select quick service locations!
If you’re wary of waiting in lines for food with small children, check out the Disneyland app for the option to mobile order meals and snacks! The service is offered in a number of locations across the resort, no matter what your food preference, you will be sure to find something!
If you’re looking for a more magical moment, check out character dining at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, Goofy’s Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel, Plaza Inn at Disneyland and Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Enjoy your meal with the company of some of your favorite magical characters!
Guests looking to remember the fun for ages to come can document their adventure with the Disney PhotoPass Service! You can find photographers all over the resort using the Disneyland app, and head over to one of the PhotoPass locations to purchase packages! Unlimited photo downloads are also included with the purchase of MaxPass.
There are also a number of ways to make the trip even more special including:
- Special Merchandise
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Let your littles get the royal treatment! Guests between ages 3-12 can get a royal makeover as they turn into their favorite Disney Knight or Disney Princess!
- Disney Wish Program In 1981, Disneyland Resort and non-profit wish-granting organizations have teamed up to make real-life magic! Children with life-threatening illness are treated to memories of a lifetime courtesy of Disneyland! Guests who visit as part of the program can use the Disney Wish Lounge at the end of Main Street.
If you’re looking for more tips on making the first visit to the park even more special, check out Caitlyn’s article on how to make the first visit magical! Are you an annual passholder bringing a baby along? Check out these tips for making sure the whole family has a great time!
Do you have any must-know tips? Let us know in the comments!