One of the highlights of visiting Walt Disney World Resort during the holiday season is getting to see the gingerbread houses that are found in different resorts. The one that is perhaps the most iconic and visited is the gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This gingerbread house is made from an Austrian recipe and is life-sized! It brings this house straight from a storybook into real life! Looking around the gingerbread house, guests will notice that there are decorations made of white chocolate, candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and a whole lot more. There is also an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen. All of these decorations are hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery Team. And if that wasn’t enough, there are also 25 hidden Mickeys found on the gingerbread house!
Daps Magic contributor Tracy stopped by the Grand Floridian to check out this gingerbread house and share a look at it. Take a look at the video and photos below of this gingerbread house.
As can be seen in the photos, there are also plenty of sweet treats to enjoy while checking out this gingerbread house as well! The Disney Parks Blog shared that you can purchase the following while visiting:
- Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- New items like the Gingerbread Latte Whoopie Pie and Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Caramel Pecan Fudge Bar
- Gluten-friendly, plant-based, and no sugar added treats
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the Chocolate Mickey Ornament, exclusive to the Combo Box
What do you think of this gingerbread house? Are you hungry yet? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!