It’s that time of year when gingerbread and gingerbread cookies start showing up in many places. It is made into houses, eaten at parties, and sometimes even put into other desserts and drinks! Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland are great places to be during this season for gingerbread lovers. Not only are there gingerbread cookies to eat, but there are also some incredible gingerbread houses to be found! Below is a guide for where to find gingerbread houses around both resorts and where to find the cookies to eat!
Haunted Mansion Holiday
There are two main places to find gingerbread displays at the Disneyland Resort. The first can be found in Haunted Mansion Holiday. This annual overlay has a tradition of making some incredible gingerbread houses in the ballroom scene. This year is no different. It takes the pastry team 20 days to bring this nearly 300-pound creation to life. It will be available to be seen on the attraction through January 8, 2023.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa there will be a “grand” gingerbread display for guests starting on November 14, 2022. This display will recreate Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa with gingerbread. It stands 7 feet tall and is 12 feet. It is built from more than 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, and 1 pound of pixie dust. It also features 25 hidden Mickeys! Can you find them all?
Next to this “grand” gingerbread display, grab some sweet treats or the Limited-Edition Snow Globe Pins featuring Chip ‘n Dale. The GHC Holiday Cart has the following treats to enjoy:
- Mickey Gingerbread
- Poinsettia Cookie
- Snowman Cookie
- Christmas Cookie
- Hanukkah Cookie
- Holiday Cookie Box
- Assorted Macarons (New)
- Kwanzaa Sweet Potato Loaf (New)
- New Year’s Cookie (New)
- Crisped Rice Treat
- Hot Chocolate
- Hot Apple Cider (Available with Bailey’s Irish Cream, Captain Morgan, Grand Marnier, or Rumchata)
- Waffle Shot (Available with milk, low-fat milk, chocolate milk, or eggnog)
- Waffle Shot (Available with Bailey’s Irish Cream, Captain Morgan, Grand Marnier, Rumchata, Amaretto, Butterscotch Schnapps, Rumple Minze, Crown Royal Apple, Skrewball Whiskey, Fireball Whiskey, Louis the 13th)
Inside Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, there are more gingerbread options to enjoy. There are also some souvenirs like the Gingerbread Mickey Ear Hat Bowl and the Gingerbread Bottle Topper. As one would expect, there are also gingerbread-flavored and inspired treats, including the Gingerbread Man.
Walt Disney World Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
There are a lot of gingerbread displays to be enjoyed around various resorts at Walt Disney World. At Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, work is well underway on a massive gingerbread house. Starting on November 9, clouds of cinnamon will be billowing out of the chimney of this life-sized gingerbread house. The house is made from a classic Austrian recipe. It is adorned with white chocolate, candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and it has 25 hidden Mickeys. On the porches, there is also an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and also snowmen. All of these have been hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery Team.
Near this massive gingerbread house, there are also other gingerbread goodies to be purchased. Many of these are inspired by Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary celebration and have an EARidescent look. There are limited edition pins, mugs, holiday ornaments, and of course treats. Some of these googies that can be purchased are:
- Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- New items like the Gingerbread Latte Whoopie Pie and Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Caramel Pecan Fudge Bar
- Gluten-friendly, plant-based, and no sugar added treats
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the Chocolate Mickey Ornament, exclusive to the Combo Box
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, a display will be arriving on November 23rd. It is a life-sized baby gingerbread giraffe and baby zebra. This continues a newer tradition that began last year for a life-sized baby giraffe. Along with the baby giraffe will be the baby zebra, also made of gingerbread. Gingerbread cookies will be available for purchase in the area starting on December 6, 2022.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
At Disney’s Beach Club Resort, a life-sized gingerbread carousel is returning. This is a tradition that dates back to 1999. It also spins, just like a real carousel. It has horses made of chocolate, sugar, and fondant along with hand-painted characters and hand-crafted gingerbread shingles and snowflakes on the display. Each horse this year celebrates a different princess. There will also be limited edition pins, mugs, holiday ornaments and treats including:
- Signature Stollen Bread
- Candied Pecans (Plant-based)
- Trio of Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Snowman
- Crispy Rice Treat
- Chocolate Mickey Cookie (New)
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingle
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie (Gluten-Friendly)
- Gingerbread Cookie (Gluten-Friendly)
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
At Disney’s BoardWalk Inn guests will find a display that is returning on November 17th. It is a gingerbread recreation of the BoardWalk Deli! There will also be treats to enjoy here as well including:
- Mickey and Minnie Sugar Cookies
- BoardWalk Mickey Sugar Cookie (New)
- Giant Gingerbread Mickey Cookie (New)
- Gluten-Friendly & Plant-based Gingerbread Mickey Cookie
- Artisan Peppermint Marshmallows (New)
- Carnival Bark (New)
- Gingerbread Frost Cocktail
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
At Disney’s Contemporary Resort has a beautiful Mary Blair-inspired display made of gingerbread. Seeing that this is the 11th year that the Contemporary Bakery team has been creating their magical displays it is fitting that it will open on November 11 at 11:00 AM. It will be a Cinderella Gingerbead Castle that is not only inspired by Mary Blair but also features the 50th anniversary overlay. There are also 11 5-legged goats found on the display. There will also be limited-edition pins, mugs, and holiday ornaments here as well. Looking for some treats? These will be available as well. Here is what will be offered:
- 50th Anniversary Gingerbread Castle Brick (New)
- Family Tradition Cookie Box featuring a Coconut Macaroon from Chef Jeff’s family, a Sugar Cookie from Chef Kelly’s family, a Butterball from Chef Amber’s family, and a Kitchen Sink Cookie representing all the Cast in the Bakery coming together to bring this display back! (New)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- Linzer Cookie
- Gluten-friendly 5-Legged Goat Sugar Cookie (New)
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Bar (New)
- Hot Cocoa Bombs (New)
- Frozen drinks with optional alcohol floaters:
- Frozen Coquito with a rum floater
- Frozen Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps
- Frozen Apple Cider with a fireball floater
For those who would rather have their gingerbread flavor in liquid form, there are options for this as well! Several Resorts will be featuring the Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. This holiday beverage will be found at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks
In the theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, there are more displays to be found, particularly at EPCOT. At The American Adventure, there will be a display available starting on November 25th. This display will recreate classic American monuments and EPCOT icons with a gingerbread version of the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, The American Adventure building with Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and a Festival Kiosk.
Disney Cruise Line
Going on a cruise this holiday season aboard the Disney Cruise Line? Keep a weathered eye open for displays on all five of the ships in the atrium. The Disney Wish, the newest in the fleet, is joining the tradition for its inaugural holiday season with an 8-foot-tall, eight-layer masterpiece. Each ship will have a unique display and all five ships will compete against each other to see which one has the best gingerbread house.
The Disney Parks are a great place to go during the holidays in general, but especially for those who love gingerbread. Will you be visiting any of these gingerbread display locations and/or eating any of the goodies mentioned above? Let us know in the comments below!