The Walt Disney Company, specifically Disney Studios Content, has rearranged its movie release schedule. This move changes the release date for multiple Marvel movies and also pushes back the release date of the next Indiana Jones movie by a year.
Previously, the next Indiana Jones film was to be released on July 29, 2022. Its new slot will have it being released on June 30, 2023. This comes as the movie once again has Harrison Ford donning the hat and coat. For this adventure, however, Indy is being directed by James Mangold. Steven Spielberg has not left the project entirely and is still on board as a producer. He is joined by Kathleen Kennedy who is also producing, along with Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel. John Williams is also returning to score this film.
Along with the change of release date for Indiana Jones, multiple Marvel movies have also found themselves getting new release dates:
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – Moved from March 25, 2022 to May 5, 2022.
- Thor: Love and Thunder – Moved from May 6, 2022 to July 8, 2022.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Moved from July 8, 2022 to November 11, 2022.
- The Marvels – Moved from November 11, 2022 to February 17, 2023.
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania – Moved from February 17, 2023 to July 28, 2023.
- Untitled Marvel Movie – Removed from schedule, was originally set to be released on July 28, 2023.
- Untitled Marvel Movie – Removed from schedule, was originally set to be released on October 6, 2023.
- Untitled Marvel Movie – Moved from November 10, 2023 to November 3, 2023.
There were also a couple of Disney and 20th Century Studios films that also received a change in their schedules.
- Untitled Disney Live Action Movie – Removed from schedule, was originally set to be released July 14, 2023.
- Untitled 20th Century Studios Movie – Removed from schedule, was originally set to be released on October 20, 2023.
This new release schedule does change things a lot in the coming years for the arrival of multiple movies. However, keep in mind that movies get new release dates quite frequently and this schedule could be changed or updated again. As the entertainment industry continues to recover from the pandemic, changes in release schedules are more common now than seemingly ever before.
What do you think of this new schedule? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!