Welcome to the DISNEY Reporter! This week, there are a lot of Disney headlines to cover! A majority of the news this week is coming out of Walt Disney World Resort in Florida! It was announced this week that reservations to go into the parks there will be taken via the new Disney Park Pass System. With this, guests will be able to go into a single park per each reservation. With this, there will be no park hopping for the foreseeable future. Walt Disney World Resort has shared what will be open and closed when the parks reopens. This includes attractions, entertainment, shops, and more. One thing that won’t be happening this year is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. However, the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival will be arriving earlier than ever. The final change coming out of Florida is that in 2021 MagicBands will no longer be offered for free when guests make their Disney Resort reservations.
Over in California, last week the Disneyland Resort unveiled its proposed plans for the phased reopening of the Resort. The plans regarding Downtown Disney District and Disney’s Grand Californian and Paradise Pier Hotels have been approved by local and state officials. The plans for the parks still are waiting for approval.
Hong Kong Disneyland reopened this week! DAPS MAGIC has photos and video of the second Disney park to reopen globally.
In Disney+ news, it has been revealed that the free trial that used to be offered with Disney+ is no longer available. This comes just two weeks before the arrival of Hamilton on Disney’s streaming service.
Finally, the Bowers Museum has reopened with new health and safety protocols. With it, guests can now experience the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic exhibit. It also now has an extended run at the Bowers Museum.
It was a very busy news week! We hope you are having a fantastic week and staying happy, safe, and healthy! We look forward to seeing you in the parks!
DISNEY Reporter Headlines
- Walt Disney World Resort Introduces Disney Park Pass System https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/details-released-on-disney-park-pass-system-for-theme-park-reservations-at-walt-disney-world-resort-parks/
- Walt Disney World Resort Reveals What Will Be Open and Closed Upon Reopening https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/heres-what-will-be-open-and-closed-when-the-parks-reopen-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
- Park Hopping Will Be Suspended when Walt Disney World Resort Reopens https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/park-hopping-to-be-suspended-upon-reopening-of-walt-disney-world-resort/
- No More Free MagicBands in 2021 https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/walt-disney-world-resort-to-stop-offering-free-magicbands-in-2021/
- EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival Returns with Parks for Longest Festival Yet https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival-to-become-longest-festival-yet/
- Disney Cancel’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World Resort https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/disney-cancels-2020-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
- Disneyland Resort Hotels and Downtown Disney District Phased Reopening Plans Approved https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/disneyland-resort-hotels-and-downtown-disney-phased-reopening-plans-approved/
- Hong Kong Disneyland Reopens https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/hong-kong-disneyland-reopens/
- Reopening Day Photos from Hong Kong Disneyland https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/hong-kong-disneyland-shares-photos-of-reopening-day/
- Disney Shares Health and Safety Guidelines for Parks Reopening https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/disney-shares-more-health-and-safety-guidelines/
- The Incredibles Way to Safety in the Parks https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/keeping-incredibly-safe-at-disney-parks/
- Disney+ Drops Free Trial Ahead of Hamilton Release https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/disney-streaming-service-no-longer-offering-free-trials/
- Bowers Museum Reopens with Walt Disney Archives 50th Anniversary Exhibit and Safety Protocols https://dapsmagic.com/2020/06/bowers-museum-reopens-with-walt-disney-archives-50-years-of-preserving-the-magic-and-new-health-and-safety-protocols/