Walt Disney World Resort has revealed details about the reservation system that will be utilized for park visits. Called, Disney Park Pass System, it will allow guests to book park visits for the foreseeable future and also manage attendance in the parks. The first wave of reservations will be opening later in June and will allow guests to make reservations through September 26, 2021. The Walt Disney World Resort will begin reopening on July 11th. The Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will reopen on that day. On July 15th Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT will reopen. This comes months after Walt Disney World Resort had to close due to the impact of COVID-19.
Disney Park Pass System
To get into the Walt Disney World Resort parks, guests will need to utilize the Disney Parks Pass System. This can be done through DisneyWorld.com. There are a few things that will be needed for the Disney Park Pass System ahead of making the actual reservation. This includes:
- A My Disney Experience account – where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.
- A valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass – linked to your My Disney Experience account.
- A Disney Resort hotel reservation – link it to your My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.
Once you have all these things set up, the actual process to reserve with the Disney Park Pass System can be started. To do this, follow these steps:
- Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account -A valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account is required.
- Create Your Party – When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
- Select a Date and Park – Choose from available reservations the date and park you’d like to visit.
- Review and Confirm Your Plans – Double check the park and date before hitting confirm.
This system is much like that of making a Fastpass+. It should be noted that availability can change for the Disney Park Pass System right up until the moment reservations are confirmed. Park reservations will be limited in number and also subject to availability.
With this new system, Park Hopping will be suspended for the time being. For guests with park Guests who have tickets with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option can visit DisneyWorld.com/updates to see their options. Disney says it is hoped that Park Hopping will return in the near future and the options for that will be available with 2021 ticket purchases.
Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders
Existing ticket holders and annual passholders will be contacted this coming week with more details about when they will be able to check park reservations. The reservations for Disney Park Pass System will be opened in three phases. Disney Resort and select hotel guests that have a valid theme park admission will be allowed to book reservations first. Annual passholders will be allowed to book reservations next. Finally, existing ticket holders without hotel reservations will be able to make reservations.
Booking Dates for Park Reservations
- Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with a valid theme park admission can make reservations.
- Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
- Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on a guest’s Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.
Looking Ahead to 2021
Guests wishing to book trips in 2021 will be able to do so starting on June 28, 2020. When visiting DisneyWorld.com, guests will be able to see park reservations availability ahead of purchasing their tickets.
For those who are looking to purchase tickets or Disney Resort hotel reservations, those will be available sometime later this summer as availability allows. Disney cautions that there will be a lot of change for guests returning to Walt Disney World Resort and that they continue to focus on making guests visits “magical, convenient and enjoyable.” More updates will continue to be added at DisneyWorld.com/updates.