This week Walt Disney World Resort announced the Disney Park Pass System for those wishing to visit the parks once they reopen. This comes as Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopens on July 11th. On July 15th, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be reopening. With the reopening, there are several dates to take note of leading up to the reopening. The first dates are those that guests can be making their reservations for the Disney Parks Pass System:
- Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
- Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
- Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
Walt Disney World Resort will also be hosting Annual Passholder previews as well. These previews will be taking place on July 9th and 10th. These previews will be taking place at the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom parks. Registration details for these previews will be sent to Annual Passpolders soon.
Guests wishing to visit Walt Disney World Resort will be subject temperature scanning and also will need to be wearing a face mask. They will also need reservations to visit the parks and will not be able to park hop.
Walt Disney World has also released some reopening dates for its resort hotels. Here is what will be reopening and when:
- June 22 – Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kadani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- August 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- August 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- September 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- October 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- October 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
While these dates are public, they could change. Disney included the following disclaimer on their website about reservations:
As we open these hotels, we are taking a measured and deliberate approach to implement a number of health and safety measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies. In addition we currently plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked guests on the following dates.
Please note that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.
DAPS MAGIC will continue to follow the updates of the reopening of Disney parks globally. What do you think of the Annual Passholder previews and the reopening dates for the Walt Disney World Resort parks? Share your thoughts in the comments below or with DAPS MAGIC on Facebook or Twitter!