Later this year Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be opening this year, first at the Disneyland Resort and then the Walt Disney World Resort. In a recent interview with Barrons, Iger shared details from across the Walt Disney Company including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This, along with a tour of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for Barron’s led to a lot of new information about the new land! From these two stories, the following details were shared:
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- The entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be “carefully framed, cinematic view,” that will take guests through passageways that will compress and then expand. This will be much “like a movie fading out and then back in.”
- According to Bob Iger, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be opening in June at the Disneyland Resort. It will open later in the year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
- Hondo Ohnaka (seen in Star Wars Rebels) has worked a deal with Chewbacca to borrow the Millennium Falcon. He will be asking guests to pilot it for a mission.
- The entrance to the attraction will be “subtly marked so as not to disrupt the look of the land.”
- Guests can have real-life implications for their actions on Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run.
- Guests can opt in or out of the interactive experience that follows them around Galaxy’s Edge.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will have guests begin on a Resistance base on Batuu before being captured by the First Order.
- Once captured by the First Order in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, guests will make their escape aboard a trackless troop transport.
- Through the course of this attraction, guests will come face to face with stormtroopers, Kylo Ren, and life-size At-At walkers.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Establishments
- Oga’s Cantina will have more standing area than a sitting area to accommodate more guests.
- The menu is still being decided on. Barron’s did hear something about a “Fuzzy Tauntaun.”
- Blue Milk will be a non-dairy drink that will be for sale by a bantah farmer. It is unknown if it will also be available at Oga’s Cantina, the outdoor marketplace, or both!
- Droids will be on sale at one of the shops. They will be customizable through an interactive experience.
- Droids that come from the same group of people might recognize each other. Droids programmed to be afraid of the First Order will give the alert when Storm Troopers are nearby.
- Prices aren’t available yet for these droids.
- Full-sized R2 droids will be for sale, expect them to cost thousands of dollars though.
- Another shop will be owned by Dok-Ondar, presumably an animatronic in a booth. Cast Members will interact with him to see what he’s willing to sell certain items for.
- A pod racing engine will be found outside being used as a stove to roast meat.
What do you think of these details that were shared by Barron’s? You can read the full interview with Bob Iger here. Share your thoughts about all of this in the comments below!