Today marks the return of the Disneyland Resort All-American College Band. Unlike previous years, the 2013 Disneyland Resort All-American College Band have already performed for the Monsters University world premiere at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.
Guests who want to see the Disneyland All-American College Band can check out there sets throughout the Disneyland Resort at the following times and the following locations:
- 1:50 PM – Hollywood Backlots Stage
- 3:25 PM – Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree
- 5:05 PM – Sleeping Beauty Castle
- 6:00 PM – Flag Retreat
- 7:15 PM – Main Street Station/Town Square
More information will be added to this article as it becomes available. We will also have video of the opening day soon as well.
About the Disneyland All-American College Band:
Since 1971, more than 2,700 students have been a part of the Disneyland Resort All-American College Band. This 21 piece band plays in the Disneyland Resort 5 days a week during the summer months of May, June, and July with five sets daily.
As part of the program the band receives valuable educational experiences with industry pro clinicians such as Wayne Bergeron, Gregg Field, John Clayton, Jiggs Whigham, and Rick Baptist, just to name a few. Students will also complete a major educational project that will reflect one of these tracks: Composition and Arranging; Careers in Music; Recording and Production.
The Disneyland All-American College Band includes:
- 4 Trumpets
- 4 Trombones
- 5 Saxophones (double on flute/clarinet/piccolo encouraged)
- 2 Tuba/Sousaphone-will play on tuba and sousaphone
- 2 Horn/Mellophone-will play on French horn and mellophone
- 4 Percussion (doubles-piano/bass players):
- 1 Drum set player for one stage set per day; performer must double on either snare, quad, or bass drum for the four show/marching sets
- 1 Acoustic/Electric Bass player for one stage set per day; performer must double on percussion or tuba for the four show/marching sets
- 1 Jazz Piano player for one stage set per day; performer must double on percussion for the four show/marching sets
- 1 Auxiliary Percussion