There are so many wonderful tastest to be had at the Taste of EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival this year. The festival continues on through November 22nd and then on November 27th, Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth will begin. One of the wonderful dishes that can be enjoyed at EPCOT is the Impossible™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw.
The Impossible™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw has a nice little kick to it and is a popular dish at the festival. It also can now be made at home thanks to EPCOT chefs sharing the recipe. Give the recipe a shot and then share how it turned out in the comments below!
Impossible™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Cook’s Notes: Impossible™ is available online or at your local grocery store. Impossible™ cooks and tastes like beef made from cows – but is made sustainably, from plants.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
- 1/4 cup sambal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
SWEET AND SPICY SLAW
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded green papaya
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Reserved slaw dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 18 ounces Impossible™ Burger
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sambal
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 slider rolls with sesame seeds
- 1 cup baby arugula
FOR SLAW DRESSING:
- Place sambal, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lime juice and refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SWEET AND SPICY SLAW:
- Combine cabbage, carrot, sliced pepper, green papaya, and cilantro in large bowl.
- Add cooled slaw dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
FOR WASABI AÏOLI:
- Mix water and wasabi powder in medium to form a paste.
- Whisk in plant-based mayonnaise and salt until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR IMPOSSIBLE™ PATTIES:
- Combine Impossible™ Burger, salt, pepper, and sambal in large mixing bowl. Divide into six 3-ounce patties and shape to size of slider buns.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Place patties in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until 155°F.
- Keep warm.
- Drizzle Wasabi Aïoli on the bottom half of each sesame bun and top with a few leaves of baby arugula. Top with Impossible™ patty and Sweet and Spicy Slaw before adding the top of each bun.
© 2020 dapsmagic.com