Today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Every year people around the world celebrate May 15th as the day to make and eat this very popular cookie. The Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for how these are made at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This recipe is from the pastry chefs and will help you recreate these most magical cookies!
Geek Eats: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
© 2020 dapsmagic.com
Once you have made these chocolate chip cookies, let us know how they turned out in the comments below!