Last week on GEEKS CORNER, the CHOC Walk Pickle Milkshake Challenge came into being. The premise behind this challenge is that if both Mr. Daps and Caitie Bear raise $250 each, they would make and then eat Pickle Milkshakes utilizing the pickles that they made on a previous episode. One pickle flavor is spicy and the other is herbacious. Earlier this week, at an event leading up to CHOC Walk, the team spoke with Zach Abrams who is the Assistant Vice President Community Engagement at CHOC Children’s. The result of this conersation led to an upping of the ante for the CHOC Walk Pickle Milkshake Challenge. Here is the updated challenge goals:
CHOC Walk Pickle Milkshake Challenge
- The team raises an additional $500: Mr. Daps & Caitie Bear will make and then proceed to eat Pickle Milkshakes.
- This can be through donations to any team members, new members joining, or current team members deciding to supplement their current donations themselves. Whatever gets $500 more donated to Team Daps Magic!
- The team raises an additional $550: Zach Abrams, Assistant Vice President Community Engagement at CHOC Children’s, will join in making and eating Pickle Milkshakes.
- This can be done also through donations to team members (or the team), new members joining, or current team members deciding to give to the cause. All that matters is money goes to CHOC and helping the children who receive care there.
When the current CHOC Walk Pickle Milkshake Challenge goal has been reached, a new challenge will be unlocked. This second level of the challenge will be focused on Mr. Daps. Once the current challenge has been achieved, details about the next level will be unveiled.
While this is a fun challenge that could lead to some interesting tastes and experiences for Mr. Daps, Caitie, and Zach Abrams, at the end of the day this is all about raising funds for CHOC and the children who receive care there. Please join us in supporting this challenge and this wonderful organization. You can do so in the following ways:
- Join Team Daps Magic at chocwalk.org/dapsmagic
- Join as a walker or participate virtually. Either way, we’d love to have you!
- Donate at chocwalk.org/dapsmagic
- SHARE this post and challenge to help raise awareness and funds for CHOC and this year’s CHOC Walk.
Thank you so much for your support! Every dollar donated to CHOC for the CHOC Walk in the Park helps support the children that receive care at CHOC and also the support that their families receive during often scary times. Together we can make a difference and make the world a little bit better. Every dollar we spend/donate is a vote for the world we would like to see. Let’s make that world one where kids in need are taken care of, shall we?
What is your favorite CHOC Walk in the Park memory? What other fundraising challenges would you like to see Team Daps Magic do? Share your thoughts, opinions, and ideas in the comments below!
UPDATE #1: Since the update CHOC Walk Pickle Milkshake Challenge went live on GEEKS CORNER, an additional $195 has been raised for the cause! At this point, there is still $355 to go before reaching the $550 goal.