Knott’s Berry Farm is bringing back its chaperone policy. The policy will be instituted starting on Saturday April 22, 2023. The policy focuses on all guests 15 years of age or younger. They must be accompanied by a chaperone who is 21 or older when visiting the park after 4:00 PM. One chaperone can be responsible for up to 10 guests who are 15 or under. The return of the policy comes as Knott’s continues to try to create an environment that is fun and safe for the whole family.
The official policy can be read here in Knott’s Berry Farm’s code of conduct:
Knott’s Berry Farm Code of Conduct
The safety of our guests and associates has always been our top priority at Knott’s Berry Farm. Over the past two years, there have been increasing incidents of unruly and inappropriate behavior across our industry and at other major entertainment venues. We are committed to keeping Knott’s Berry Farm a place where families and friends come together to enjoy a one-of-a-kind park full of fun experiences and immersive entertainment.
As part of that commitment, we are implementing a chaperone policy beginning Saturday, April 22, 2023.
Under this policy, all guests ages 15 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old in order to be admitted to, or remain in, the park after 4:00 p.m. local time to close. The chaperone must present a valid government-issued photo identification with date of birth at ticket entry. One (1) chaperone may accompany no more than ten (10) guests ages 15 or younger per day. In addition, the chaperone must accompany their party during entry, remain inside the park during their visit, and be available by phone throughout their stay. Guests ages 15 years old or younger who are found inside the park unaccompanied by a chaperone will be subject to ejection. This chaperone requirement applies to all Knott’s Berry Farm ticket and season passholders.
We believe these changes will help ensure that Knott’s Berry Farm continues to have a positive atmosphere where generations of families and friends can gather for a day of safe fun and good food. Millions of guests have counted on us for exactly that, and we will continue to deliver on that promise for generations to come.
The following behaviors or acts are strictly prohibited at Knott’s Berry Farm:
- Carrying firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind and any other prohibited item. Knott’s Berry Farm reserves the right to prohibit any items at their discretion.
- Unsolicited photographing or video recording that disrupts a guest’s experience or interferes with park operations
- Unruly or disruptive behavior that interferes with guests’ enjoyment of the park including running, the incitement of running, and blocking midways and exits.
- Fighting or physical aggression of any kind, including verbal and physical assaults
- Acts or behavior that park management determines is a safety concern or that interrupts park operations or guests’ experience
- Harassing/threatening behavior, sexual misconduct, or lewd behavior including inappropriate interaction with park guests or associates
- Offensive language or gestures
- Clothing with offensive language, obscene gestures/graphics, or nudity or clothing that does not sufficiently cover undergarments
- Intoxication or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Smoking/Vaping is not permitted inside the park
- Entering restricted areas including but not limited to ride Danger Zones and behind-the-scenes areas
- Line Breaking- includes leaving and re-entering a line for any reason or place holding in line
- Theft of any kind
- Selling park tickets or soliciting and distributing literature not sponsored by the park
- Refusing to follow verbal or printed instructions or cooperate with park personnel or security
Family-oriented themed outfits/attire are permitted. Attire must not represent or resemble any official Park character, disrupt regular company operations, or potentially harm another guest or associate. Attire and accessories must meet Code of Conduct dress requirements and may not be offensive or violent and may not disrupt the general safety of guests or associates.
Guests wearing character-themed outfits may not sign autographs for other guests or represent themselves as a park associate. Costumes that conceal identity are prohibited. Rides and attractions may also have additional restrictions on dress attire. Themed outfits/attire may be prohibited during evening Halloween events.
Children/Teens – Notice to Parents & Guardians
Parents or guardians are responsible for the behavior of their minor children. Appropriate behavior and supervision are the responsibility of the parent/guardian and is always expected. In addition to our chaperone policy, we strongly recommend that minors (under 18) be accompanied by an adult. The park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors. Parents/guardians may be held legally liable for all acts of the children under their care.
Conduct deemed by Knott’s Berry Farm to be inappropriate for the peace and good order of the park, guests, or associates, and which may adversely affect the safety of others is not permitted. Anyone who violates the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund.
Guests are encouraged to report any violations of the Guest Code of Conduct or suspicious activity to the nearest Knott’s Berry Farm associate, Security associate, or call 714-220-5016.
Knott’s Berry Farm reserves the right to revise or modify this Code of Conduct with or without notice.
NOTICE: Knott’s Berry Farm Security personnel utilize surveillance cameras and body-worn cameras as part of their overall security program.
The implementation of the chaperone policy at Knott’s Berry Farm comes after incidents happened two years ago that first brought about the policy. Since then, Knott’s has analyzed and adjusted the policy to continue to create a “safe, family-friendly atmosphere” at Knott’s Berry Farm.
What do you think about the return of the chaperone policy to Knott’s Berry Farm? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!