Mickey’s Toontown has a new reopening date. The land that is the home to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway that opened last month will now be opening on March 19, 2023.
The delay will not impact the ability of guests to experience Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, which is inside the land. It means that guests wishing to enter the land until March 19th will only be able to do it by gaining access to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway via either the virtual queue at 7:00 AM or 1:00 PM daily (guide here) or through the Individual Lightning Lane.
The reopening of Mickey’s Toontown comes just over 30 years after the first time it opened at Disneyland. When the entirety of the land reopens, guests will gain access to many more experiences in this beautifully redone land. Disney shared the following details about this land that has been closed for the last year.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – The very first ride-through attraction at Disneyland Resort starring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, this family-friendly adventure is full of surprising twists and turns. Guests travel through the hilarious hijinks of a “Mickey Mouse” cartoon short. To experience this attraction, guests must join the complimentary virtual queue* on the Disneyland app** (more information at Disneyland.com). At this time, there is no standby line for the attraction. Guests may also get quicker entry with the purchase of an individual Lightning Lane arrival window, subject to availability.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster – Go nuts on a one-of-a-kind, fun-sized coaster created by the resident tinkerer of Mickey’s Toontown, Gadget Hackwrench.
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – Board a zany taxicab and spin through the streets of Toontown as you follow the adventures of Roger Rabbit.
- Disneyland Railroad – At the Mickey’s Toontown station, guests can board the steam-powered Disneyland Railroad for a scenic tour around the park.
Interactive Play Areas
- CenTOONial Park – The first space guests will see when they enter the land, this open area features a fountain with water tables designed for play, and a dreaming tree with sculpted roots for children to crawl around and explore.
- Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard and Goofy’s House – Included is a whimsical sound garden, where kids will discover new ways to make wacky noises, as well as enjoy a new, elevated clubhouse. Inside Goofy’s House, guests can help operate an interactive candy-making contraption only Goofy could imagine.
- Donald’s Duck Pond – Donald’s Boat is perched in a pond among larger-than-life spinning water lilies, balance beams and rocking toys. Kids will enjoy making a splash here! Guests can also look into the boat’s portholes to find bubbles of fun and interactive moments with Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.
- Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House – Guests will discover playful gags and special surprises in every room of their cartoon homes. When they’re home, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse may also be available for photos and autographs.
- Café Daisy – Acclaimed culinary expert Daisy Duck serves up diner classics at her sidewalk table eatery.
- Good Boy! Grocers – A variety of grab-and-go drinks and snacks are available at this friendly roadside stand.
Are you excited about the reopening of Mickey’s Toontown? What are you most looking forward to experiencing? Share your thoughts, hopes, dreams, and opinions in the comments below!