Shanghai Disneyland reopened on November 25th after being closed for nearly a month. The park closed on October 31, 2022, after COVID-19 numbers in the region forced Shanghai Disney Resort to close. This led to guests being tested before they were allowed to leave the park. Recently, Shanghai Disney Resort’s DisneyTown, Wishing Star Park, and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel reopened. The Toy Story Hotel has also reopened now as well. With the reopening of Shanghai Disneyland itself, all of Disney’s theme parks globally are once again open. The reopening of Shanghai Disneyland also means that Shanghai Disney Resort has once again resumed full operations.
During this reopening phase, there will be precautions taken throughout the resort. This includes the requirement for negative COVID-19 tests for visiting guests, limited capacity, and other precautions to help maintain the safety of both guests and cast members.
The following statement was posted on the Shanghai Disney Resort website announcing the reopening:
Shanghai Disneyland will resume operations on November 25, 2022. Please inquire about Shanghai Disneyland ticket information through the official website of Shanghai Disney Resort, App, official WeChat public account, reservation service center or contact the resort’s official travel partners.
The Toy Story Hotel has also resumed operations, room reservations have been reopened, and tourists can check in from 15:00 on November 25 at the earliest.
Disney Town, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel have resumed operations recently. The reopening of Shanghai Disneyland and Toy Story Hotel marks the full resumption of operations at Shanghai Disney Resort.
We will continue to implement current restrictions and other operational measures for epidemic prevention. Certain attractions, live entertainment, restaurants and shops may be closed or open or present at reduced capacity. Please visit the official app of the resort for the latest information.
All tourists must strictly follow various epidemic prevention measures, including temperature measurement when arriving at the resort, showing the green “Suishen Code”, scanning the “Site Code” when entering the park and related places, wearing masks and keeping a safe distance during play, etc. . According to the latest requirements of the local epidemic prevention and control department, starting from November 25, 2022, all tourists entering Shanghai Disneyland must present a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 48 hours (from the time of testing) to enter other areas of Shanghai Disney Resort Tourists must present a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours (from the time of testing).
For tourists whose travel plans are affected during the closure of the resort, please contact the original purchase channel for consultation, refund or rescheduling.
From all the cast members and fantasy engineers at Shanghai Disney Resort, we sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we are more than happy to welcome you “home”!
Shanghai Disney Resort’s Epidemic Prevention Requirements
on November 25, 2022
Shanghai Disney Resort continues to strictly implement the epidemic prevention and control requirements, and adopts the latest operational measures in accordance with the guidance of relevant government departments. A safe and joyful play environment is inseparable from every tourist’s active cooperation and strict compliance with the epidemic prevention and control measures, and together with the cast and crew of the resort to create a healthy and comfortable tourist experience.
-According to the latest requirements of the local epidemic prevention and control department, starting from November 25, 2022, all tourists entering Shanghai Disneyland must present a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 48 hours (from the time of testing) to enter Shanghai Disney Resort Others Tourists in the area can show a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours (from the time of testing), and special groups such as infants and young children under 3 years old are exempted from checking the negative nucleic acid test certificate. We strongly recommend that tourists register and apply for a “Suishen Code” in the “Suishenban” App, “Suishenban” WeChat Mini Program or “Suishenban” Alipay Mini Program before arriving at the resort to ensure that they can enter the resort smoothly. Tourists without smartphones (including the elderly and children) can apply for the “relative application code” through the accompanying relatives on these platforms, and tourists who meet the application requirements can also apply for the paper version online through the “One Net Service” platform Offline “Sui Shen Code”.
Tourists who use the offline “Suishen Code” must present their original valid identity documents at the same time, and can only enter after the cast member scans the offline “Suishen Code” and checks a valid nucleic acid test certificate ; Those who will be in Shanghai must strictly follow the “Working Measures for Further Strengthening the Health Management of People Coming to Shanghai and Returning to Shanghai” issued by the Office of the Leading Group for Epidemic Prevention and Control in Shanghai on November 22, 2022. Based on the latest measures, tourists who come to Shanghai and return to Shanghai for less than 5 days and plan to visit Shanghai Disney Resort:
1. Can visit Shanghai Disneyland and most of the park experiences, but cannot eat in indoor restaurants. Visitors can choose catering services provided by small food kiosks or outdoor dining cars;
2. They can visit the public areas of Disney Town, but cannot enter the town’s indoor restaurants or retail stores; tourists can order and pack food at the entrance of some restaurants ;
3. You can visit and stay in the two theme hotels in the resort, but you cannot enter the restaurants, retail stores and leisure and entertainment facilities of the hotels, including swimming pools, gymnasiums, and game rooms. Tourists can choose room service through room service;
4. Cannot participate in banquet activities held in resort hotels.
We remind all tourists that it is their responsibility to keep abreast of the latest epidemic prevention and control measures issued by relevant government departments and strictly follow all relevant requirements.
-According to government requirements, if a tourist holds a red “Suishen Code”, neither the tourist nor his companions can enter Shanghai Disney Resort;
– When entering Shanghai Disney Resort, all tourists must scan the “Venue Code” and report to the site The cast and crew show the green code, or show the “Suishen Code” to be scanned by the cast and crew to verify valid information. When entering different areas of the resort, tourists may also need to scan the “site code” of the relevant area (including but not limited to restaurants, theaters, etc.)
; The second edition) “requires that tourists who have lived abroad within 8 days before visiting or have lived in counties (cities, districts, and banners) with high domestic epidemic risks within 7 days before visiting are not allowed to enter Shanghai Disney Resort.
– Every time a tourist enters a hotel in Shanghai Disney Resort, including everyone in the same company, they must hold a green “Suishen Code” and a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours (from the time of testing) and scan ” Special groups such as infants and young children under 3 years old are exempted from checking the negative nucleic acid test certificate. Only tourists who have completed the scanning of the “site code” and hold the green “Suishen code” and a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours are allowed to enter the hotels in the resort. According to the epidemic prevention requirements of the government departments for places in the tourist accommodation industry, holding a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours is a must. Therefore, tourists who only hold a nucleic acid sampling certificate within 24 hours without a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours will not be able to Enter the resort hotel. When you check in at the front desk or the executive lounge, all staying guests must also show the green “communication big data itinerary card (itinerary card)” and fill in the “Travel Information Registration Form” truthfully. If you fail to complete the scanning of the “Venue Code”, fail to present the green “Suishen Code” and the negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours, fail to present the green “Itinerary Card”, or arrive at the Shanghai Disney Resort Hotel within seven days from or If you pass through a high-risk area of the new crown pneumonia epidemic in China, you may not be able to stay in a hotel in the resort. According to relevant government requirements, if you have fever during your stay or symptoms such as cough, sputum, runny nose, sore throat, chest pain and tightness accompanied by fever, you will be required to go to the fever clinic of the hospital for treatment.
-During the reopening period, all areas will operate with limited traffic; -All visitors
entering Shanghai Disney Resort must undergo temperature checks upon arrival; except when dining); – All visitors must strictly abide by the social distance requirements, and keep a safe distance from other tourists when queuing, watching outdoor performances or dining; – All visitors are encouraged to maintain good personal hygiene; – All cast members of Shanghai Disney Resort Personnel, employees of Disney Town tenants, and third-party suppliers follow the guidelines of industry authorities to conduct regular nucleic acid testing, antigen testing, and body temperature testing and records;
– The resort continues to strengthen sanitation and disinfection measures and increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfection.Shanghai Disney Resort Website
Daps Magic will continue to follow this story and provide any updates that become available about Shanghai Disneyland. Make sure to subscribe to the Daps Magic newsletter, YouTube channel, and social media handles to not miss any future updates!