Universal Studios Orlando has again updated its face-covering policy as it continues to return closer to a pre-pandemic normal. On its website, it now says that “Face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated guests. Non-vaccinated guests are asked to wear face coverings at all indoor locations.”
There is further elaboration on the page that give specifics about the updated policy. Here are the specifics:
- Face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated guests while indoors or outdoors.
- Universal Studios Orlando does not require proof of vaccination.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated are still expected to wear face coverings while indoors.
- Physical distancing is still encouraged.
- Universal Studios Orlando continues to be “focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.”
This updated policy comes as Universal Studios Orlando says it is adopting CDC guidelines. These guidelines state that “face coverings are no longer required for fully vaccinated guests, indoors or outdoors.”
At this time Walt Disney World Resort has not adopted these new guidelines. However, it should be noted that the last time Universal Studios Orlando updated its outdoor face covering policy, Walt Disney World Resort soon followed. This policy also has not been adopted at Universal Studios Hollywood where California has different guidelines.
What do you think about this updated policy at Universal Studios Orlando? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!