In 2022, guests will be able to make the jump into hyperspace and visit a galaxy far, far away. Disney has announced that Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be launching in 2022. This experience will include two nights aboard the Halcyon Starcruiser. While aboard they will be completely immersed in the world of Star Wars. They will interact with Star Wars characters, visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and even be a part of the story they are experiencing and determine where it goes! This new experience is being called “storyliving” by Disney.
The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Experience
Guests will first arrive at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser terminal at Walt Disney World. After checking in, they will board a Launch Pod and make the jump to hyperspace for their journey to the Halcyon. Once on board, they will find themselves in the Atrium of the Starcruiser.
Onboard the Halcyon, travelers will find themselves in the midst of a multi-day, interactive story, that they will get to participate in and help determine the course of. There will be many different characters to meet, including the captain, the mechanic, Resistance heroes, and more! There will also be the opportunity to learn more about the ways of the Force, and even build and handle a lightsaber! They will also be able to see an all-new lightsaber wielded by Rey, that looks more realistic than ever before! In fact, it was created by Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development to create some incredible experiences that previously could only be had on the screen for movies or television shows. There will also be opportunities to get trained on the bridge of Halcyon in both the areas of navigation and defense.
Food will be found at the supper club aboard the Halycon, the Crown of Corellia Dining Room. The dining room is named after Corellia, where the Halcyon was built. This also is where the Mellinnum Falcon was constructed as well. This will serve three meals a day, with the evening meal, offering entertainment on one night. According to Disney, it will be a “performance from a galactic superstar who can captivate an entire room with the crook of her jewel-encrusted purple Twi’lek finger.”
No trip aboard a Starcruiser would be complete without a destination. In this case, the destination if Batuu. Guests will be transported to the planet to explore Black Spire Outpost, seek out the Resistance, and experience other surprises the planet has to offer.
While onboard the Halcyon, every window will offer gorgeous views of the galaxy that will change as the Starcruiser continues to travel. Guests will also be able to explore the ship and find some incredible surprises that could lead to more than just a cool space. Perhaps a meeting with the Resistance?
The trip aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will truly be the ultimate Star Wars experience. Pricing and dates for reserving a trip aboard the Halcyon have not been released yet. DAPS MAGIC will continue to follow this story and provide updates as they become available. What do you think of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser? Are you excited to experience this ultimate Star Wars adventure? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!
Check out more details and sign up for updates at starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com.
All-immersive two-night vacation experience will invite guests to live their own Star Wars adventures in an entirely new way beginning in 2022
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (May 4, 2021) – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will fully immerse guests in a galaxy far, far away when it debuts in 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, going beyond anything Disney has ever created before. As part of this first-of-its-kind vacation experience, guests become the heroes of their own stories during a two-day, two-night adventure where they see, feel and live Star Wars.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser invites guests into a new kind of “storyliving” as they travel the galaxy in style aboard the glamorous Halcyon starcruiser, known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations. They will stay in well-appointed cabins, experience exquisite dining and out-of-this-world entertainment, visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and much more.
Throughout the journey, guests’ choices will determine their personal adventures by interacting with characters, crew and other passengers they meet as they become part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga. Decisions guests make will determine how their individual stories unfold as they seize control of their destinies – and potentially impact the fate of the galaxy.
Launch from Walt Disney World Resort
- The adventure begins when guests arrive at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for their two-night experience.
- Guests will enter a Launch Pod to begin their Star Wars Through windows above, they’ll see themselves leave their world behind as they jump into hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the massive and magnificent Halcyon starcruiser.
- When the Launch Pod docks with the starcruiser and the airlock opens, guests will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin their journey through a galaxy far, far away.
An All-Immersive Experience
- A visit aboard the Halcyon starcruiser plunges guests into a multi-day, interactive story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters and others. Guests may encounter the starcruiser’s strong and charismatic captain, the ship’s plucky mechanic, heroes of the Resistance or many more as they choose alliances and chart their courses.
- The all-immersive experience features enthralling onboard activities, such as:
- Learning the ancient ways of the lightsaber and facing off against a training remote, where guests may discover their own connection with the Force.
- Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about its systems and how to operate them, including navigation and defense – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
- Guests will find refreshment each day in an enticing supper club known as the Crown of Corellia Dining Room. This bright and welcoming hall will offer breakfast and lunch daily to passengers before transitioning each evening into a lavish multi-course menu of both otherworldly and familiar origins.
- One night’s dinner will feature a live performance from a galactic superstar who can captivate an entire room with the crook of her jewel-encrusted purple Twi’lek finger.
- The journey also includes an excursion to Batuu, where guests can explore the winding pathways of Black Spire Outpost and seek out a hidden Resistance base.
Fun Facts – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests will be the first to see characters like Rey wield a brand-new, more realistic lightsaber designed by Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development to create dramatic in-person moments previously only seen in films or shows.
- Every window in the Halcyon starcruiser – including those in each cabin – has a view of the galaxy beyond, with ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from destination to destination.
- Guests will be able to explore the starcruiser and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship – perfect for uncovering secrets … or holding clandestine meetings.
- The Crown of Corellia Dining Room is named for Corellia, the planet known galaxy-wide for the shipyards that created not only the Halcyon starcruiser, but also the famed Millennium Falcon.
- For a limited time, guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios can now see a model of the Halcyon starcruiser on display inside Walt Disney Presents.