Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is on track to begin accepting guests in the spring of 2022. When guests do board the Halcyon, they will be experiencing a completely immersive two-night adventure that takes place in a galaxy far, far away. They will literally be living in the world of Star Wars as they travel to Batuu and beyond.
Today, the Disney Parks Blog released a new video that has Imagineers talking about what exactly the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience will be like.
The video has a lot of details about what guests will experience aboard the Halcyon. However, if you don’t have 19 minutes to watch the whole thing, here are a few points of note from the video:
- Guests will arrive at the Halcyon via a terminal and then a launch pod that will take you to the Halcyon.
- Once on board there will be a muster on board talking about what will be seen during the two-day cruise.
- There will be various characters to meet on the cruise.
- The Halcyon is ready to deal with anything it might come into contact with, but with style.
- Food will feel like it fits in the Star Wars universe and continue the story along.
- Entertainment will be “best in the Galaxy” and include phenomenal music during a dinner show that feels like it is from the Star Wars world. This includes performances by aliens.
- A lot of effort has been put into making lightsabers feel real and connect with the Force.
- The visit to Batuu will have a transport Batuu come up to the Halcyon to pick up guests and take them to the planet below.
- The events happening on Batuu i.e. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run will become a part of the bigger story on the Halcyon. This includes the backstory behind the coaxium being stolen on Smugglers Run. Things happening on Batuu will connect with things happening on the ship and the guests will help further the story along. There will be a payoff as the story continues once back aboard the Halcyon.
- Guests can choose the level of engagement they want to have with the various stories happening on the Galactic Starcruiser and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- The stories connected with the Halcyon fit into the bigger stories being told in other mediums of Star Wars.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be accessible to all levels of interest and fans in Star Wars.
- There will be both familiar and new characters found during this experience:
- There are many different characters doing different things and missions.
- Guests get to choose who they interact with or create alliances with.
- Guests can also choose to just observe the immersive theater.
- There are big moments and also smaller moments that guests can be a part of.
- There are many different types of characters that guests can interact with including aliens and droid.
- Kylo Ren, Rey, and Chewbacca will be around at some level.
- As so often happens, things may not go as planned and guests might find them in the middle of the conflict between the First Order and Resistance.
- Guests will be able to visit the bridge of the Halcyon and learn the controls.
- Guests “might” get to shoot the laser blasters on the Halcyon.
- There is a possibility of meeting a character on the viewscreen, helping them dock with controls learned on the bridge, help smuggle their luggage, and then they appear on the ship. Then later, this character might send a message of gratitude and might ask for help on the planet potentially.
- Guests can be in full costume if they want to be while on board the Halcyon.
- Every person on the Halcyon matters and have a role to play in the bigger Star Wars galaxy.
- The goal of this is to create an organic experience that isn’t just a “game” but is very natural.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be taking guests on this incredible two-day and two-night experience starting in the spring of 2022. To get more information about this experience, go to starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com and sign up for updates.
What do you think of this new type of Disney experience? Are you excited about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!