Happy Thanksgiving! Today is a day where we celebrate the many things in life we have to be thankful for, and we are thankful for each and every one of you. It’s also a day where we tend to eat a lot and then have a lot of leftovers! Today, we are sharing with you a way to use some of those leftovers with a little bit of Disney magic.
The Disney Parks Blog recently shared a recipe for Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam. This was offered at Disney California Adventure during the Festival of Holidays and is a great way to use up some of those Thanksgiving leftovers. These are sliders with some extra delectable Disney magic added, thanks to the pineapple cherry jam. Give this recipe a try and then share with us how it turned out in the comments below!
Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Applewood smoked ham, sliced medium thickness
FOR PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add pineapple, vinegar and sugar; cook on low heat for 45 minutes, until vinegar and pineapple juices are reduced and pineapple begins to break down.
- Stir in cherries and mustard; season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR HAM SLIDER:
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cut brioche buns in half and spread butter on cut side. Toast on hot griddle for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm ham.
- Evenly divide ham on warm brioche buns and top with jam.
Cook’s Note: Refrigerate any leftover jam—it’s delicious spread on warm buttered toast.
© 2021 dapsmagic.com
How’d your Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam turn out? Let us know below! Happy Thanksgiving, friends!