One of the best treats on Main Street, USA at Disneyland is the Fried Pickles that are served at Carnation Café. These were introduced to the menu at Carnation Cafe in 2012 and was an instant favorite. Over the weekend, the Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for the Fried Pickles and also their house-made zesty dipping sauce. It is shared below for your enjoyment.
Give this recipe a shot and then share with DAPS MAGIC how it turned out in the comments below!
Fried Pickles from Carnation Café - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Zesty House Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons favorite Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup favorite ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16-ounce jar of dill pickle spears, about 12 pickles (should be uniform in size; cut in half widthwise, if necessary)
For Zesty House Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl, whisking well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Using caution, pour oil into large skillet and heat to 365°F.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs until smooth in small mixing bowl. Transfer to another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and Parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge each pickle spear in flour.
- Add pickle to whisked eggs, tossing gently to coat.
- Add pickle to bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place breaded pickle on tray and repeat steps until all pickles are breaded.
- Carefully place breaded pickles in skillet and fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with zesty house sauce.
© 2020 dapsmagic.com
What is your favorite thing on the menu at Carnation Café?