The Disneyland Resort is proposing a reopening schedule that would have Downtown Disney District reopening on July 9th, the parks on the 17th of July, and the hotels (minus Disneyland hotel) on July 23rd. While not a ton of details have been released about exactly how the reopening will work, a few are beginning to trickle out. First off, it is now known that face masks will be required by both guests and Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort. Additionally, there will be temperature checks for guests entering the Disneyland Resort property. Cast Members will also undergo temperature checks on a daily basis as well.
Along with face masks and temperature screening, the Disneyland Resort will also be encouraging physical distancing. This will be done with reduced capacity via a reservation system for the parks and also signage to help guests move in a safe manner around the resort. Cashless transactions will also limit the contacts between guests and Cast Members as well in an effort to help keep everyone safe. There will also be enhanced cleaning protocols in place.
These new details about reopening could be found on the Disneyland website. There, a whole section is devoted to the enhanced health and safety measure. Here is what is found there:
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, which is why our reopening approach is deliberately fluid and phased, and there are many factors that are helping us determine the timing of when various aspects of our business will reopen in a responsible way. In addition to following existing state and local guidelines, which continue to evolve, we currently are working with our unions to responsibly and thoughtfully implement new health and safety measures for Cast Members. These enhanced health and safety measures include:
- Enhanced Protective Measures: We will require mandatory face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.
- Physical Distancing: We will reduce theme park capacity to enable physical distancing and add appropriate signs to help Guests move responsibly throughout the property.
- Temperature Checks: All Guests will undergo temperature screenings prior to entering the Downtown Disney District or the theme parks; in addition, health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members.
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: We are recommending cashless transactions and we will reduce Cast Member and Guest interactions with helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in our Disneyland app, Apple Pay and more.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: We will build upon our existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols.
While it may be a bit different from the last time you visited, we’ve come up with new ways to create magical moments together—and memories to treasure forever.