One of the most magical parts of any Disney experience is the food that is consumed while there. Disney PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel at the Disneyland Resort offers Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast seasonally. This is a sweet, quite literally, way to start the day. Disney has released the recipe for Disney fans to recreate in their home kitchen.
Check out this recipe and then give it a try. Then, share how it turned out in the comments!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast from Disney’s PCH Grill - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Chef’s Note: Challah is traditional Jewish yeast bread, rich with eggs, sweetened with honey that makes the best French toast.
How’d it turn out? Share your experiences!