It is a great time to be a Star Wars fan! With the Skywalker saga officially wrapped up with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, it is time to tell new stories from around the galaxy! Today, Lucasfilm announced Star Wars: The High Republic publishing campaign, formerly known to fans as “Project Luminous”.
This new era of storytelling will come to fans through adult and young adult novels, children’s books, and comics from a variety of publishers including Disney Lucasfilm Press, Del Rey, IDW Publishing, and Marvel. These stories will take place in the era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This is an area of time we haven’t seen in any current canon and will give creators plenty of room to tell new and exciting stories!
The first of these novels will debut at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in August 2020! This project will begin with Star Wars: The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, a massive interconnected story that’s told across various formats. Here are other titles you can find later this year!
- Star Wars: The High Republic: Into the Dark by Claudia Gray (Young Adult novel, Disney Lucasfilm Press / available for pre-order)
- Star Wars: The High Republic: A Test of Courage by Justina Ireland (Middle Grade novel, Disney Lucasfilm Press / available for pre-order
- Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures by Daniel José Older (IDW Publishing comic book series)
- Star Wars: The High Republic by Cavan Scott (Marvel comic book series)
- Star Wars: The High Republic: Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule (Adult novel, Del Rey / available for pre-order)