The final Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker trailer was revealed last week. With the arrival of this new trailer ticket sales also went online. With all of this also came the confirmation of the runtime. As fans were purchasing tickets, they could also see that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker has a runtime of two hours and thirty-five minutes. This makes it the longest of the Star Wars films. This makes it three minutes longer than Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The shortest was the original, Star Wars: A New Hope.
Here is a look at all of the Star Wars films by runtime from shortest to longest:
- Star Wars: A New Hope – 121 minutes
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back — 124 minutes
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi — 131 minutes
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story — 133 minutes
- Solo: A Star Wars Story — 135 minutes
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace — 136 minutes
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — 138 minutes
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith — 140 minutes
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones — 142 minutes
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi — 152 minutes
- Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker – 155 minutes
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker runs 34 minutes longer than the shortest Star Wars film, which also happens to be the original. What do you think about this next Star Wars film being the longest? Share your thoughts in the comments below!