“Life under the sea is better than anything they’ve got up there”
It’s time to go under the sea once again! Just in time to celebrate the 30th anniversary, “The Little Mermaid” is coming back to our homes! Available now on On Digital 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere and 4K Ultra HD and Blu – ray™ on Feb. 26. In honor of this splashing good time, we’re celebrating with a giveaway! Stay tuned until the end of the post for details.
This edition of the film comes with so many special features, we just can’t wait to watch them all! One that seems to be a highlight is a feature with Alan Menken and some very recognizable Disney voices gathered around a piano. Jodi Benson (Ariel from The Little Mermaid), Paige O’Hara (Belle from Beauty and the Beast), Judy Kuhn (the singing voice for Pocahontas), Lillias White (Calliope in the animated Hercules series), and Donna Murphy(Mother Gothel in Tangled) get together to reminisce on Ariel’s journey, tell stories, and make new memories around the baby grand. Here are some other features to look forward to.
“The Little Mermaid” Bonus Features*
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along this sing-along version of the film.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some of the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
We are so excited to see this film and all the features for ourselves! Want to experience the magic of 30 years? We want to share Ariel’s journey with you! Here are the details for the giveaway.
How to Enter the Giveaway:
Want your own copy of “The Little Mermaid” on Blu-Ray? Here’s how to win your own copy!
- Leave a comment below this article letting us know what your favorite song from the film is!
That’s all you have to do! Make sure that your comment is under this article on dapsmagic.com and we will pick a winner on February 25! This giveaway is limited to US Residents only.
So tell us, what is your favorite song to sing along to when you watch “The Little Mermaid?” We promise we won’t take your voice!