The Festival of Holidays is now being celebrated in full force at the Disneyland Resort. Throughout Disney California Adventure there is a plethora of entertainment and foods to enjoy. These various offerings celebrate the different holidays that arrive around this time of year. There are definitely some highlights for the food and also the entertainment. One of the highlights is the Milk Chocolate Candy Cane Pots de Creme. This delicious dessert thankfully isn’t just restricted to being experienced at the Disneyland Resort. The good folks at Disney have also shared the recipe so that this delectable Disney magic can be re-created at home!
This recipe does take some time to pull together so make sure and read through it before you tackle it so you have enough time. Then, once you’ve made it share how it turned out in the comments below!
Geek Eats Disney Recipe: Milk Chocolate Candy Cane Pots de Creme at Disney California Adventure Park – Disney Festival of Holidays
The milk chocolate candy cane pot de crème can be found at the Winter Sliderland marketplace during Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park. The festival, taking place Nov. 9, 2018, through Jan. 8, 2019, entertains guests with the sights, sounds and tastes of diverse cultural festivities and plenty of Disney magic. Guests can stroll through the Festive Foods Marketplace and enjoy a variety of holiday comfort dishes that span cultures and family traditions. Disney California Adventure Park is located in Anaheim, Calif. (Disneyland Resort)
Cook’s Note: Traditionally served in little “pots,” get fancy for a party and serve this luxurious pudding in assorted wine or martini glasses. Add a little store-bought biscotti and dessert is done.What to drink: A late-bottled vintage port.
CANDY CANE POTS DE CRÈME
- 1 teaspoon powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Chocolate peppermint bark
FOR CANDY CANE POTS DE CRÈME:
- Stir together powdered gelatin and water in small bowl; let it sit while cream heats (gelatin will solidify).
- Heat heavy cream in medium saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Do not bring to a boil.
- Once cream begins to steam, add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar until pale in color.
- While whisking continuously, drizzle 1/2 cup of hot cream into egg yolk mixture.
- Whisk remaining egg yolk mixture into hot cream. Turn heat to low.
- Continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (155°F), about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chocolate to a large bowl and pour hot cream mixture over chocolate.
- Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir well (or carefully blend mixture in a blender or using a stick blender).
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps.
- Pour into 4-ounce serving cups and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Once pots de crème are firm, use a pastry bag with a star tip to pipe a rosette of whipped cream on top (or dollop whipped cream on top).
- Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and add peppermint bark on top of whipped cream.
© 2020 dapsmagic.com
What did you think of this recipe? Share in the comments below!