Horchata – Disney Festival of Holidays – GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
The Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure is a wonderful time of seasonal food and beverages. One of these beverages that can be enjoyed is the Horchata at the Brews & Bites Marketplace. This can be enjoyed, along with many other seasonal treats, throughout the Disney Festival of Holidays. This year, it runs from Nov. 8, 2019, through Jan. 6, 2020.
Check out this recipe for Horchata from Disney Festival of Holidays. Give the recipe a try and then share below how it turned out!
Horchata - Disney Festival of Holidays - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- RICE BASE
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Dollop whipped cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
- For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with lid.
- Allow to sit, in refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- For Horchata:
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”