It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Along with incredible music, entertainment, decorations, and other merriment, it’s a great time of year for food and beverages! One popular holiday beverage this time of year is Horchata.
At the Disney Festival of Holidays, Horchata can be found at the Merry Mashups marketplace now through January 6, 2020. The recipe for the Horchata being served there has been shared so the magic that is tasted at Disney California Adventure can be recreated at home. Check it out below and then share how it turned out in the comments!
House-Made Horchata - Disney Festival of Holidays - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Dollop whipped cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with lid.
- Allow to sit, in the refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”
How did the recipe turn out for you? Let us know!