Before there was World of Color, Disney Dreams, or Rivers of Light, there was Fantasy Waters. This water and light show ran at the Disneyland Hotel from 1992 to 2007. Hosted by the voice of Jack Wagner, it was a montage of Disney musical moments in a show that ran nearly 20 minutes. If you visit the Disneyland Hotel today, you can still see some of the remnants of the stage.
The show began with an introduction by Jack Wagner saying “Magic and mystery, hope and happiness, love, laughter. All these and more. All these in music!” Then with an upbeat drum beat, the musical show began with water fountains and several lighting effects.
The music for the show included:
- “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” by Ric Ocasek, from the 1991 Disney tribute album, Simply Mad About the Mouse
- “Alice in Wonderland” from Alice in Wonderland
- “All in the Golden Afternoon” from Alice in Wonderland
- “March of the Cards” from Alice in Wonderland
- “Candle on the Water” from Pete’s Dragon
- “Someone’s Waiting For You” from The Rescuers
- “Bare Necessities” by Harry Connick, Jr., from the 1991 Disney tribute album, Simply Mad About the Mouse
- “Step in Time” from Mary Poppins
- “The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room” from Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts” from The Haunted Mansion
- “Another Part of Me” by Michael Jackson, from Captain EO
- “Baroque Hoedown” from the Main Street Electrical Parade
- “Golden Dream” from The American Adventure
- “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid
- “Beauty and the Beast” from Beauty and the Beast
- “When You Wish Upon a Star” from Pinocchio
While the Fantasy Waters show no longer shows at the Disneyland Hotel, it’s legacy continues to live on through the magical music and fountains found in Paradise Bay during World of Color in Disney California Adventure. Fantasy Waters is a wonderful memory of the Disneyland Resort and one that I’m glad to have had the opportunity to personally experience.
Did you get to Fantasy Waters when it used to play at the Disneyland Hotel? What was your favorite part?