Disney-Pixar’s Brave has made one more step closer to its June 22, 2012 3D release in theaters. Today, Disney-Pixar released a new trailer. Brave is Pixar’s first princess film and revolves around a young Scottish princess (Kelly Macdonald) who decides to go against tradition. This sets off a whole new set of events in the kingdom.
Disney-Pixar Brave One Pager:
BRAVE (In Disney Digital 3D™)
Website & Mobile site: Disney.com/Brave
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/PixarBrave
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/disneypixar
U.S.Release Date: June 22, 2012
Voice Talent: Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson, Robbie Coltrane
Directors: Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman
Producer: Katherine Sarafian
Composer: Patrick Doyle
Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In “Brave,” a new tale joins the lore when the courageousMerida(voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.
Meridais a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life,Meridadefies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane).Merida’s actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch (voice of Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forcesMeridato discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it’s too late.
Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, and produced by Katherine Sarafian, “Brave” is a grand adventure full of heart, memorable characters and the signature Pixar humor enjoyed by audiences of all ages. The film takes aim at theaters on June 22, 2012, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
- Director Mark Andrews served as story supervisor for the Disney•Pixar films “Ratatouille” and “The Incredibles,” and was Oscar®-nominated as the co-writer/co-director of the Pixar short “One Man Band.” He also contributed to the screenplay as co-writer and served as second unit director for the 2012 Walt Disney Studios film “John Carter.” Director Brenda Chapman directed DreamWorks Animation’s “The Prince of Egypt” and was story supervisor for the Disney classic “The Lion King.” Producer Katherine Sarafian produced the Pixar short film “Lifted” and served as production manager for “The Incredibles.”
- Actress Kelly Macdonald stars as Margaret Schroeder on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” and as Ravenclaw’s ghost, The Grey Lady, in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.” Her film credits also include “No Country for Old Men,” “GosfordPark” and “Trainspotting.”
- Appearing in the movies “Men in Black 3” and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” Emma Thompson is an Oscar®-winning actress (“Howards End”) and screenwriter (“Sense and Sensibility”) who most recently starred in, wrote and executive produced “Nanny McPhee Returns.”
- Scottish comedian Billy Connolly most recently served as narrator for the Walt Disney Animation Studios short “The Ballad of Nessie” and appeared in “Gulliver’s Travels.”
A grand adventure full of heart, memorable characters and signature Pixar humor, “Brave” uncovers a new tale in the mysterious Highlands of Scotland where the impetuous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) defies an age-old custom and inadvertently unleashes chaos, forcing her to discover the meaning of true bravery before it’s too late. Opens June 22, 2012, in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- James Earl Jones and Donald Glover Join Disney’s The Lion King Cast - February 17, 2017
- Angela Lansbury Joins Mary Poppins Returns Cast - February 17, 2017
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue at Disneyland Paris - February 16, 2017