When the Disney Treasure takes guests on adventures at sea in December 2024, there will be quite a few nods to the Disney Parks found on its various decks. Today, the Disney Parks Blog shared several of these nods to the parks. There are plenty of things to geek out about by Disney fans on the Disney Treasure. Check out ten of these nods below that were shared by Disney!
- At Disneyland Resort, a variety of flora and fauna sprouting around Jungle Cruise gives guests the sense that they are sailing in waterways around the globe. In honor of the original attraction, the plants throughout the Skipper Society on the Disney Treasure will be the same foliage species thriving in Disneyland.
- You may notice the vintage-style luggage stacked neatly behind the bar at Skipper Society featured in the artist rendering of the venue. Each suitcase will be plastered with travel stickers that represent locations depicted inside the Jungle Cruise attraction – including the backside of water!
- It’s hard to forget the iconic green and red architecture of the attraction building in Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World Resort, which announces to all who see it that they are steps away from a hilarious adventure onboard the Jungle Cruise! As it happens, the green and red tones depicted on the walls of Skipper Society will be exact color matches to the Jungle Cruise attraction marquee at Magic Kingdom.
- While sipping cocktails or sampling tasty morsels at Skipper Society, future Disney Treasure guests will hear familiar music playing in the venue, including spiels from the Jungle Cruise attractions around the world! That means you’ll hear Skipper voices from across the globe and in various languages such as English, Dutch, French, Cantonese, and more.
- Skipper Society will have a jungle boat name of its own! Imagineers will dub the vessel housing the bar “Ems Empress” after the Ems River where the Disney Treasure will make her first voyage to sea. An “Ems Empress” sign will hang proudly inside the venue when the Disney Treasure sets sail in December 2024.
- Throughout the Periscope Pub, guests will discover various artifacts, drawings and books used by Captain Nemo and his brave crew during undersea explorations on the Nautilus.
- Only eagle-eyed fans will spot the hidden numbers located behind the bar in Periscope Pub! Disney Imagineers will include numbers on the large submarine pressure gauge decorating the back bar of the venue. These numbers honor the geographical coordinates of Meyer Werft shipyard where the Disney Treasure was built, and the official hull numbers of each ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
- The Periscope Pub will offer a delicious menu of light bites, undersea-inspired drinks and craft brews, including three exclusive tap beers that will be uniquely themed to the “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” film and celebrated theme park attraction.
- Beloved by generations of Disney Parks goers, Figment is the adorable purple dragon who first debuted at the Journey Into Imagination attraction at EPCOT at Walt Disney World. In the Tomorrow Tower Suite, guests will encounter Figment posing in various hiding places.
- Imagineers will place a special sculpture at the base of the Tomorrow Tower Suite’s spiral staircase that honors the iconic EPCOT landmark, Spaceship Earth. The sculpture will bring the spirit of EPCOT to life when guests enter the suite through music and lighting effects.
Along with these ten Disney connections to the Disney Parks, there will be plenty of more secrets to be found aboard the Disney Treasure. When it begins its inaugural season, it will have seven-night itineraries to both the Eastern and Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral in December of 2024. What do you think of the Periscope Pub, Skipper Society, and Tomorrow Tower Suite? What do you think of the Disney Treasure from what you have seen so far?
Booking began today for Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club members. Bookings will be open to all guests starting on September 20, 2023. Disney Cruise Line adventure may be booked through Mouseways Travel, the official travel partner of Daps Magic!