Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Daps Magic review here) may still be in theaters now but soon fans will be able to watch Harrison Ford’s final Indiana Jones movie from the comfort of their own home. Today it was announced that the fifth movie in the franchise will become available for digital download starting on August 29, 2023. When it does, it will include bonus features including five chapters that go through how the movie was made. The bonus features will take the viewer through many different elements of the movie including new characters, stunts, music (by John Williams), locations, production design, and visual effects.
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny was directed by James Mangold and stars Harrison Ford in his last adventure wearing the iconic fedora. He is joined by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Antonio Banderas, John Rhys-Davies, Shaunette Renée Wilson, Thomas Kretschmann, Toby Jones, Boyd Holbrook, Olivier Richters, Mads Mikkelsen, and newcomer Ethann Isidore.
One of the bonus features that will be included with Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny takes a look at the costume and production design. Check out the following clip about this portion of movie magic that is included with the digital download.
Below is a press release that shows all of the features that will be included with this digital download of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny on August 29, 2023.
History’s Greatest Hero Returns! Harrison Ford reprises his role as
the legendary archaeologist when Lucasfilm’s Indiana Jones and
The Dial of Destiny Arrives on Digital August 29
BURBANK, CA (August 14, 2023) – From Academy Award®–nominated writer-director James Mangold (Logan, Walk the Line) comes the final chapter in the saga of one of cinema’s greatest heroes. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny sees Harrison Ford reprise his iconic role as the whip-smart archaeologist one last time for a “rip-roaring adventure” (Maureen Lenker, Entertainment Weekly) full of “exciting action, wonderful banter and fantastic twists and turns” (Germain Lussier, io9).
The film will be available from all major digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Vudu on August 29, with never-before-seen bonus content including five chapters that chart the making of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Join the cast and crew on an epic, globe-trotting adventure showcasing new characters, stunts, music, locations, production design, and visual effects.
Harrison Ford returns to the role of the legendary hero archaeologist for this highly anticipated final installment of the iconic franchise– a big, globe-trotting, rip-roaring cinematic adventure. Starring along with Ford are Phoebe Waller-Bridge (“Fleabag”), Antonio Banderas (Puss in Boots: The Last Wish), John Rhys-Davies (Raiders of the Lost Ark), Shaunette Renée Wilson (Black Panther), Thomas Kretschmann (Das Boot), Toby Jones (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Boyd Holbrook (Logan), Olivier Richters (Black Widow), Mads Mikkelsen (Doctor Strange) and newcomer Ethann Isidore. Directed by James Mangold (Logan, Walk the Line) and written by Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth and David Koepp and James Mangold, based on characters created by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman, the film is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel, with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas serving as executive producers. John Williams, who has scored each Indy adventure since the original Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1981, has once again composed the score.
The Making of Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny
- Chapter 1 – Prologue – Harrison Ford leaps back into action as Indiana Jones! Journey to 1944 as this featurette reveals the filmmakers, characters, stunts, locations, and incredible visual effects that make up the thrilling opening of Dial of Destiny!
- Chapter 2 – New York – Blast off to adventure as James Mangold showcases the re-creation of 1969 Manhattan for the Moon Parade chase. This featurette spotlights Helena (Phoebe Waller-Bridge) as John Williams conducts his beautiful new theme for this compelling character.
- Chapter 3 – Morocco – The man in the hat is back! Explore Morocco as this featurette breaks down the white-knuckle stunts of the medina tuk-tuk chase and hotel brawl. Meet Teddy (Ethann Isidore), Indy’s precocious new ally in the hunt for the dial!
- Chapter 4 – Sicily – Meet Renaldo (Antonio Banderas) as he guides our heroes on a perilous underwater treasure hunt! Catch up with Harrison Ford and Phoebe Waller-Bridge on location in Sicily and explore the caverns, traps, and bugs surrounding Archimedes’ tomb!
- Chapter 5 – Finale – This featurette breaks down the thrilling climax to the Indiana Jones series. Cast and filmmakers James Mangold, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall, John Williams, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford bid farewell to one of the greatest heroes of all time.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Helena Shaw
Antonio Banderas as Renaldo
John Rhys-Davies as Sallah
Shaunette Renée Wilson as Mason
Thomas Kretschmann as Colonel Weber
Toby Jones as Basil Shaw
Boyd Holbrook as Klaber
Olivier Richters as Hauke
Ethann Isidore as Teddy
Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Voller
Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth and David Koepp and James Mangold
Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall, Simon Emanuel
Executive Produced by
Steven Spielberg, George Lucas
Digital: August 29, 2023
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Feature Run Time
Approx. 154 minutes
U.S. Rated PG-13
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
Are you excited about the arrival of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny on digital download? What bonus feature are you most looking forward to watching? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!