Ryan Seacrest To Return As Headmaster and Host
Black Eyed Peas, Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert, Fortune Feimster, Jason Biggs and Jenny Mollen, Julianne Hough, Kal Penn, The Muppets, Ne-Yo, Raven Symoné, Retta, Shaquille O’Neal and Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta, The stars from Disney on Broadway, Charity Dawson, Bonita Hamilton, Kara Lindsay, Michael Maliakel, Mduduzi Madela and Marcus M. Martin and More Special Guests Join In on the Lyrical Lessons
Dust off your dictionaries and grab that hairbrush microphone! Today, ABC announced “Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong,” the fifth installment of its successful “Singalong” franchise, with Emmy®-winning television host Ryan Seacrest, airing WEDNESDAY, FEB. 1 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST). “Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong” will air on ABC and stream next day on Hulu and at a later date on Disney+. ABC is taking viewers to school, inviting friends and family around the county to gather and enjoy classic “Schoolhouse Rock!”hits that are as educational as they are catchy, all in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the beloved series.
“Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong” performances include the following:
- Black Eyed Peas – “Three Is A Magic Number”
- Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert – “Figure 8”
- Jason Biggs and Jenny Mollen – “I’m Just a Bill”
- Julianne Hough – “Interplanet Janet”
- The Muppets & Fortune Feimster – “Unpack Your Adjectives”
- Ne-Yo – “Verb: That’s What’s Happening”
- Raven Symoné and Kal Penn – “Interjections”
- Retta – “Ready or Not, Here I Come”
- Shaquille O’Neal and Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta – “Conjunction Junction”
- Stars from Disney’s Broadway and touring productions – “A Noun is a Person, Place or Thing”
“A Noun is a Person, Place or Thing” will be performed by the stars from Disney’s Broadway productions of “Aladdin” and “The Lion King,” Michael Maliakel, Bonita Hamilton and Mduduzi Madela, The North American Tour of “Aladdin,” Marcus M. Martin, the original Broadway cast of “Newsies,” Kara Lindsay and The Paper Mill Playhouse production of “Hercules,” Charity Dawson.
“The Disney Family Singalong” premiered in April 2020 as TV’s highest-rated show among Adults 18-49 on any network on any night since ABC’s 2020 broadcast of “The Oscars®.” The four editions of the Family Singalongs drew in a combined 34.3 million Total Viewers after 35 days of delayed viewing on linear and digital platforms.
“Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong” is produced by Done+Dusted in association with Walt Disney Television Alternative. Executive producers include RJ Durell, Ashley Edens, Nick Florez and Katy Mullan.