National Geographic has announced dates for some of its different expeditions that will be offered in 2024. Traveling with National Geographic is a unique experience that offers guests the chance to visit destinations around the world and get a unique view through the lens of knowledgeable National Geographic Experts. This includes expeditions river cruises that are offered in partnership with AmaWaterways, Signature Land Departures, and also Private Expeditions.
All of these excursions can be booked through Mouseways, the official travel partner of Daps Magic. Below is a look at the new travel adventures that were announced this week by National Geographic for 2024:
European River Cruising — Explore with National Geographic Storytellers
National Geographic Expeditions invites travelers to become immersed in the beauty, charm and rich history of Europe with a cruise showcasing the highlights and hidden gems along the Danube River, Rhine River and scenic waterways of Holland and Belgium. With knowledge at the heart of the experience, both a National Geographic Expert and a National Geographic Photography Expert accompany travelers on each departure. These experts are renowned storytellers with a close connection to National Geographic whose specialties include writing, photography, history, geography and more — and their unique insights help form a travel experience that enlightens and inspires like no other. The 2024 lineup features three sailings:
- Holland and Belgium in Springtime by River Cruise (April 15): This art, floral and architecture-focused departure sends travelers on a journey through the iconic waterways of Belgium and the Netherlands, with stops at the famous windmills of Kinderdijk, a Floralia flower show at a historic Belgian castle and the world’s largest collection of works by Vincent van Gogh.
- Rhine River Cruise: Basel to Amsterdam (Sept. 12): Offering bike rides, walking excursions and even tasting tours, this itinerary explores the romance and timelessness of the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland. Wine enthusiasts will enjoy a taste of Germany’s Rheingau wine region, and photographers will learn from the National Geographic Photography Expert during a special on-deck photo workshop to capture images of the scenic Rhine Gorge.
- Danube Christmas Markets River Cruise (Dec. 7): This sailing invites cruise passengers to explore charming Christmas markets from Budapest to Nurem Travelers will also discover lesser-known holiday marketplaces within Vienna and Salzburg and visit Vienna’s Museum of Natural History. There, visitors will meet with National Geographic Explorer Ludovic Ferriere for a behind-the-scenes look at the meteorite exhibit he curated.
Throughout each sailing, travelers will also enjoy regionally inspired meals, complimentary wines with every lunch and dinner, wellness facilities, Wi-Fi and spacious suites that are part of every National Geographic Expeditions river cruise experience.
Early 2024 Signature Land Departures — A Mix of Must-Visits and Traveler Favorites
Offering endless opportunities to explore the world, National Geographic Expeditions Signature Land trips provide premium, fully planned itineraries that give travelers special access to extraordinary places around the globe, paired with unique opportunities to experience a destination through the eyes of the storytellers from National Geographic.
The early 2024 Signature Land portfolio will span North America, Africa, Asia and Oceania, and will feature a blend of tried-and-true traveler favorites and recently debuted itineraries with strong National Geographic connections, including:
- Inside Japan
- Costa Rica: Wildlife and Conservation
- Borneo Wildlife Adventure
- Palau: Snorkeling and Kayaking the Pristine Seas
Private Expeditions in 2024 — A Flexible Way to Travel
Private Expeditions are unique itineraries designed for 1 to 10 travelers in their own private party. These trips are hosted by a private guide, offer more flexibility in travel dates and feature premium accommodations.
In 2024, 27 Private Expeditions are offered, including:
- Belize and Tikal Private Expedition
- Arches, Canyonlands, and Mesa Verde National Parks Private Expedition
- Australia Private Expedition
- Greek Isles Private Expedition
- Sicily Private Expedition
Experiencing Meaningful Travel — Giving Back and Protecting the Wonder of our World
A portion of the proceeds from every National Geographic Expedition supports a global community of National Geographic Explorers. Each year, the National Geographic Society awards more than 575 grants to scientists, educators, storytellers, conservationists, technologists and many other changemakers who help define some of the critical challenges of our time, drive new knowledge, advance new solutions and inspire positive, transformative change.
More information about how exploration is supported through National Geographic Expeditions can be found at nationalgeographic.com/pages/article/giveback.
What do you think about these new travel adventures that have been announced by National Geographic for 2024? Which one excites you the most? Will you be experiencing any of them? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!