The Disneyland After Dark events are returning to Disneyland in the spring of 2023. Today two different Disneyland After Dark events were announced. The first marks the return of Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite. The second is a brand new Disneyland After Dark concept and is called Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite. Both events will offer plenty of entertainment, Disney characters, photo opportunities, food and drinks, merchandise, and other magical offerings throughout the night.
The Disneyland After Dark events officially begin at 9:00 PM and continue until 1:00 AM. Ahead of the official start, however, there is a mix-in opportunity for guests of the event to head into the park starting at 6:00 PM. Guests at the events will receive unlimited digital downloads from Disney PhotoPass photos that are taken during the event. They will also receive commemorative keepsakes including a souvenir credential and event guide.
Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite
Jan. 31, Feb. 2, 5, 7, 9, 14, 16, 2023, at Disneyland Park
This year, Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite will be offered on seven nights at Disneyland. This magical night is full of romance with favorite Disney character couples found throughout the park, wonderful entertainment, fireworks, and some fantastic photo ops. Check out Daps Magic’s coverage of last year’s Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite here. Here are some details shared by Disney about this event:
- Gaze up at a special themed fireworks show
- Dance at the Royal Ball hosted by Aladdin and Jasmine near “it’s a small world”
- Take a moonlit cruise on the Mark Twain Riverboat with the sounds of a live jazz ensemble
- Relax and unwind to the sounds of island music from a Polynesian trio drifting through the night air at The Tropical Hideaway
- Delight in many deliciously themed menu items available for purchase, created just for the event
- Capture your moment with photo opportunities with darling Disney couples and spots inspired by romantic scenes from Disney films such as “Lady and the Tramp” and “The Little Mermaid,” including unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the party
- Enjoy pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required
Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite
March 7 & 9, 2023, at Disneyland Park
Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite is a new concept for the Disneyland After Dark events. This will be a “celebration under the stars where adventurous heroines and aspirational hearts unite!” The night is described as an “empowering night at Disneyland park with iconic characters who light the world with kindness, courage, and a touch of magic.” As with other Disneyland After Dark events, there will be characters, photo opportunities, commemorative keepsakes, themed food and beverages, and more! Check out some of the details here:
- Receive a royal welcome at the Disneyland Train Station featuring Princess Minnie Mouse and Princess Daisy Duck with fanfare trumpeters
- Enjoy an inspiring musical concert celebrating heartwarming, adventurous heroines including Moana, Merida and more accompanied by live vocalists
- Raise the royal roof and dance the night away at the high-energy, candy-themed dance party at Tomorrowland stage with Vanellope Von Schweetz
- Revel in Tiana’s Southern hospitality and dance along to jazz music in New Orleans Square
- Savor specialty menu items befitting royalty throughout Disneyland park, available for purchase
- Picture yourself in photo backdrops inspired by Disney films like “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Princess Diaries” including unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the party
- Have a ball with pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required
Tickets will go on sale for the events next week at Disneyland.com There will be a Magic Key holder pre-sale on December 12, 2022, that will begin no earlier than 9:00 AM PT. General ticket sales will begin on December 14, 2022, no earlier than 9:00 AM PT. As with all Disneyland After Dark events, tickets are subject to availability. There is a limit of 8 tickets per person, per date that can be purchased.
Will you be attending any of the Disneyland After Dark events? Which one are you most excited about? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!