As Hurricane Ian continues to rage across Florida, the Walt Disney World Resort Weather Updates & Information page has gotten quite comprehensive. This information continues to be updated at DisneyWorld.com/Weather. Daps Magic continues to provide updates about Hurricane Ian at DapsMagic.com/Hurricane-Ian. The Weather Updates & Information page has grown quite lengthy on Walt Disney World’s website and includes many closures throughout the resort. While there dates associated with these closures, reopening is guaranteed until locations are deemed safe to be open and for cast members and guests to be at them. Walt Disney World has also been provide updates on the Resort TV channels on televisions inside Walt Disney World Resort rooms:
As of midnight on Thursday September 29, 2022, here is a look at all that it includes:
Weather Updates & Information
We are continuing to closely monitor Hurricane Ian and are making necessary operational adjustments to maintain the safety of our Guests and Cast Members.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Water Parks
Walt Disney World theme parks are temporarily closed on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park (Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is currently closed for the season.)
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
- Fantasia Gardens
- Fairways Miniature Golf
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by closure due to Hurricane Ian will be automatically extended to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through Sept. 30, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, all Guests including our Disney Vacation Club Members must check-in to our resorts on Sept. 28, by 3 p.m. Guests may reschedule their trip or cancel their stay with us; any customary cancellation fees will be waived. Check-in will not be accepted on Thursday, Sept. 29. For Guests with a Friday, Sept. 30 check-in, please arrive at your resort no earlier than 3 p.m. ET; Guests who arrive before 3 p.m. will not be able to check in.
- Guests that are checked in will receive updates, including any direction to shelter in place at their resort.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the parks and Disney Springs before returning to their Resort hotels.
- Dining options for Guests staying in our Resort hotels will vary, and in some cases may be very limited. Where available, restaurants will accept walk-ups only; Guests will not need dining reservations.
- Characters will not be available in character dining locations on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Grand Floridian Spa will close at noon Wednesday, Sept. 28.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort are temporarily closed Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Dining
Explore some important updates to dining experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.
We continue to operate select Resort dining options with availability subject to change. Please check with the individual location for details and hours.
*Offering meal kit distribution.
Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
- World Premiere Food Court
- Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar
Disney’s All Star Music Resort
- Intermission Food Court
- Singing Spirits Pool Bar
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
- End Zone Food Court
- Grandstand Spirits Pool Bar
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Landscape of Flavors
- The Drop Off Pool Bar
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- The Mara*
- Boma – Flavors of Africa
- Sanaa Lounge
- Kilimanjaro Club Level
- Victoria Falls Lounge
- Zuwadi Traders (Jambo House)*
- Jahari Treasures (Kidani Village)*
- Club Level – available for Club Level Guests
- Jiko – The Cooking Place
- Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar
- Uzima Springs Pool Bar
- Maji Pool Bar
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Belle Vue Lounge*
- Club Level – available for Club Level Guests
- Convention Center Buffet
- Trattoria al Forno
- Flying Fish
- Pizza Window
- BoardWalk Ice Cream
- BoardWalk Deli
- Leaping Horse Libations
- Big River Grill & Brewing Works
- BoardWalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas
- The To-Go Cart
- The Funnel Cake Cart
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Sebastian’s Bistro
- Spyglass Grill
- Centertown Market
- Banana Cabana
Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Contempo Cafe*
- Chef Mickey’s
- Outer Rim
- Cove Bar
- Steakhouse 71
- Steakhouse 71 Lounge
- Club Level – available for Club Level guests
- California Grill
- The Sand Bar
- Spyglass Grill
- Contemporary Grounds
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood – Buffet offering
- Barcelona Lounge*
- El Mercado de Coronado*
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill
- Chronos Club Level – available for Club level guests
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill
- Dahlia Lounge
- Café Rix
- Siestas Cantina
- Laguna Bar
- Maya Grill
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Gaspirilla Island Grill
- Beaches Pool Bar & Grill
- Enchanted Rose
- Grand Floridian Café
- 1900 Park Fare
- Victoria & Albert’s
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Garden View Tea Room
- Citricos Lounge
- Private Dining
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Olivia’s Cafe
- Good’s Food To Go
- Gurgling Suitcase Libations & Spirits
- Turtle Shack Poolside Snacks
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Club Lounge – grab n’ go items available for Club Level guests
- Capt. Cook’s
- Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace and Trader Sam’s Grotto
- Kona Café
- Kona Island
- Tambu Lounge
- Pineapple Lanai
- Barefoot Pool Bar
- Oasis Bar & Grill
- Lobby Bar
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Everything POP Shopping & Dining
- Petals Pool Bar
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory
- Scat Cat’s Club – Cafe
- Scat Cat’s Club – Lounge
- Mardi Grogs
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Riverside Mill Food Court
- Muddy Rivers
- River Roost
- Boatwright’s Dining Hall
- River Roost
Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Primo Piatto*
- La Petit Cafe
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera
- Bar Riva
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Artist’s Palette
- The Turf Club Bar & Grill
- The Turf Club Lounge
- The Paddock Grill
- On the Rocks
- Backstretch Pool Bar
- Chip n’ Dale’s Cafe
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, Boulder Ridge at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Roaring Fork*
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Territory Lounge
- Boulder Ridge
- Club Lounge – available for Club Level guests
- Storybook Dining at Artist Point
- Geyser Point Bar & Grill
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Ale & Compass Restaurant
- Ale & Compass Lounge
- Beach Club Marketplace*
- Cape May Café
- The Market at Ale & Compass*
- Martha’s Vineyard
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
- Club Level Lounges – available for Club Level guests
- Crew’s Cup Lounge
- Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar & Grill
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
Enchanting Extras and Special Events
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom has been cancelled for Thursday, Sept. 29. If you purchased Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets for the event on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022 directly from Disney using a credit card, debit card, or Disney Rewards Cards a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Please note: refunds may take longer to appear on your statement depending on your financial institution. If you purchased directly from Disney using another method of payment or your purchase included other products, please contact us.
If you purchased a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket from a travel agent, travel wholesaler or other third-party travel seller, please contact your travel seller for further information.
Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been cancelled Sept. 28 through Sept. 30 in light of the temporary closure of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests with pre-paid reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
- Walt Disney World Transportation has temporarily stopped operating and will begin again once the storm has passed, subject to safety conditions.
- Limited Minnie Van and Mears taxi service will be available to Walt Disney World resort Guests with existing breakfast reservations.
Other Walt Disney World Experiences
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyages that departed Tuesday, Sept. 27 and voyages departing Thursday, Sept. 29 have been cancelled due to the potential impact on the Guest experience. Guests with reservations for these dates are asked to please call (407) 939-5209 for help with modifying their plans.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex is closed Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29.
Disney Springs is closed on Wednesday, Sept. 28. We anticipate Disney Springs will also be closed on Thursday, Sept. 29, and will provide updates as we continue to track the storm.
Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney is cancelled on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29. The 5:30 p.m. show on Friday, Sept. 30 will be rescheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m.
Please note that all reopening timelines are tentative, and subject to safety conditions.