Disney is celebrating halfway to the holidays by making announcements about what is being offered in the Disney Parks for the holidays. Over at Disneyland, some classic nighttime spectaculars are returning. At Walt Disney World, there are several offerings returning as well. This includes Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Holiday transformations of park icons, the arrival of Santa Claus, and more.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Join Mickey and his pals at the Cinderella Castle stage for the ultimate must-watch Christmas extravaganza – “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.” The show features nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music paired with dance performances.
- Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling spectacle over Magic Kingdom as a part of “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.” Full of holiday magic, the show includes dazzling castle projections, fireworks and seasonal songs.
- With his famous flying reindeer leading the way, Santa Claus will join Mickey Mouse and friends in the must-see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” as it makes its way through the park.
- Speaking of Santa Claus, he isn’t the only one who likes cookies during the holidays. Partygoers can indulge in complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom attractions will get a special dose of yuletide cheer. Holiday magic will once again transform the Jungle Cruise into the Jingle Cruise. And, as an exclusive treat for event attendees, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party will all receive a special holiday makeover.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for an intergalactic dance party!
- Also at Magic Kingdom, dance the night away alongside favorite Disney characters during an out-of-this-world holiday show, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
- The fun continues for young partygoers and Disney Junior fans of all ages at Storybook Circus during the “Disney Junior Jingle Jam” as Disney Junior characters take part in a fun-filled dance celebration.
- NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees will discover three jolly new photo opportunities. Guests will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed for the holidays.
Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and may be purchased online beginning July 7, 2022. Guests at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 30, 2022. Ticket prices will range from $149 – $199 per person. Event dates are:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
Watch Disney Park Icons Transform for the Holidays
For the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, park icons were transformed nightly with EARidescent magic. These transformations will continue into the holidays as they transform with special holiday magic that won’t want to be missed.
Santa Claus in the Parks
Santa Claus will be returning to the parks as well. He will be cruising down Hollywood Boulevard in an appropriately red convertible for the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade. He will also be in a festive flotilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on the Discovery River. Jolly Old St. Nick will be spreading holiday cheer at Magic Kingdom Park and Disney Springs as well. He will also be joining the storytellers from around the world as part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
Festive Entertainment Around Walt Disney World Resort
Other holiday entertainment will be offered around Walt Disney World Resort. This includes:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will come alive with the return of a Merry Menagerie of winter animals realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets.
- Just in time for the holidays, “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios adds a festive finale, featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and celebratory songs of the season.
- At Disney Springs, guests visiting Town Center will experience a magical snowfall, bringing the spirit of the North Pole to Central Florida.
- EPCOT will celebrate the return of “Candlelight Processional” during EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays beginning Nov. 25, a beloved long-standing tradition of heartwarming holiday performances at America Gardens Theatre.
- This season, the Guardians will trade in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. Guests will blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.
- Disney PhotoPass photographers can help guests enhance their Disney vacation photos with holiday-themed Magic Shots at all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a new Disney PhotoPass Lens and virtual backdrops at the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs.
There will also be festive flavors to enjoy around Walt Disney World Resort. This includes:
- Holiday Cookie Stroll will return to EPCOT this year, inviting guests to partake in a sweet scavenger hunt during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. The festival will also herald mouthwatering menus of traditional and inspired adaptations of holiday dishes from around the world at special Holiday Kitchens.
- At Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar becomes Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar and will feature yuletide touches alongside festive food and craft cocktails.
- Select dining locations throughout Walt Disney World will celebrate the season with tasty winter-inspired dishes. Make sure to look for future announcements on the Disney Parks Blog for all the delicious details.
There will also be beautiful decorations found throughout Walt Disney World Resort for the holidays and seasonal merchandise.
What are you most looking forward to during the holidays at Walt Disney World Resort? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!