Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite kicked off its run of parties on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at Disney California Adventure. This hard-ticketed event officially starts at 8:00 PM and runs to midnight. Guests with tickets can arrive early, however, for a mix-in that starts at 5:00 PM. There was no surprise that the night was full of villains. What was a surprise was who some of the villains were and how some of them appeared!
There were multiple meet and greets for villains throughout the park. These were all socially distanced where guests could stand in front of the villain and get a picture. For the most part, these photo locations allowed for guests who didn’t want a picture with the character to also walk by and see them or grab a quick picture from afar as well. The following characters were seen by the DAPS MAGIC team during this event:
- Prince John – Robin Hood
- Sheriff of Nottingham – Robin Hood
- Yzma – The Emperor’s New Groove
- Old Hag/Witch – Snow White
- Jafar – Aladdin
- Maleficient – Maleficent
- Bowler Hat Guy – Meet the Robinsons
- Edgar Balthazar – The Aristocats
- Yokai – Big Hero 6
- Lotso – Toy Story 3
- Loki – Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Big Bad Wolf – The Three Little Pigs
- Chef Louie – The Little Mermaid
- King Leonidas – Bedknobs and Broomsticks
There were also characters to be found, who weren’t necessarily doing a meet and greet. There were found at the three main entertainment offerings. Seaside Sing-Along found Ursula leading karaoke at Pacific Wharf. The Underworld Dance Party in Hollywood Land had appearances by Pain, Panic, and Hades throughout the night. Over at Paradise Gardens Park on the Palisades Stage, the Bald Mountain Night Club found Doc Terminus joined by the Queen of Hearts, the Queen, and Mother Gothal for a song and dance show that was definitely a highlight of the night!
There were multiple specific food offerings throughout the night that was specific to the event. This included:
- Chocolate Chip Churro – Buena Vista Street Churro
- Chocolate & Cherry Sundae – Clarabell’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Chocolate Respberry Cheesecake Cupcake – Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Chile-Lime Pineapple Funnel Cake Fries – Award Weiners
- Lemon Blueberry Churro – Hollywood Churro Cart
- Shadow on the Moon – Hollywood Lounge
- Cruel Devil – Schmoozies!
- Sweet Spiral Ration – Terran Treats
- Boneyard Churro – Cozy Cone Motel Churros
- Grilled Ham & Cheese – Flo’s V8 Cafe
- Spicy Pork – Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Villainous Bread Bowl – Pacific Wharf Cafe
- Chocolate Cookie Churro – Senior Buzz Churros
- Stromboli – Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- The Queen Corn Dog – Corn Dog Castle
- Hot Link Corn Dog or Original Corn Dog or Cheddar Cheese Stick – Corn Dog Castle
- Most Trusted Advisor Churro – Goofy’s Churro Cart
- Hades Churro – Grizzly Peak Churro Cart
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich – Smokejumpers Grill
- Green and Purple Swirl Cotton Candy – Outdoor Vending Carts
Details about all the food offerings could be found on the map here:
Throughout the park, there were also multiple photo locations to enjoy as well! These ranged from thematic displays to icons from movies to even a scene with The Big Bad Wolf attempting to blow a door down. The guests would stand behind the door.
Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite did not feel as crowded as other Disneyland After Dark events. The lines also weren’t nearly as long, with a few exceptions. Yzma and the Old Hag definitely had a much longer line. The DAPS MAGIC team waited about 45 minutes in this line. Most other lines, however, were much shorter and allowed guests to experience quite a lot of the offerings. Below can be found videos from the night, which will be added to as they get edited and uploaded. Check them out to see what the night was like. There will also be a post in the near future solely dedicated to photos of the night, and then a Vlog on the DAPS MAGIC YouTube channel. Be sure to keep watch for these as they offer more unique views at the event!
What do you think of Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite? What is your favorite part of it? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!