Marceline, Missouri is one of those places that should be on every Walt Disney fans’ bucket list to visit. This is the small town that inspired not only Walt’s career but of course, Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland as well. Walt once said, “I’m glad I’m a small-town boy, and I’m glad Marceline was my town.”
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is proud to invite D23 Gold Members back to Walt’s boyhood hometown for a one-of-a-kind experience, exploring the Walt Disney Hometown Museum, visiting Walt Disney Elementary School, strolling down Marceline’s own “Main Street, U.S.A.,” and even a special dinner reception outside Walt’s former farmhouse.
For this exclusive day trip, D23 will host a magical, one-of-a-kind experience that will begin at the Elms Hotel & Spa in Excelsior Springs, Missouri, with a light continental-style breakfast before boarding a motorcoach to Marceline. During the approximately 100-mile trip, several pieces of curated content will be shared to fully prepare you for the story that will unfold when in Marceline.
Upon arriving in Marceline, Guests will receive a warm welcome from the residents of the city before being ushered into the local community center for a special presentation from those who know Walt’s Marceline best.
The day will feature a specially created scavenger hunt so guests can be immersed in Walt’s Main Street, U.S.A. Location highlights include the Walt Disney Hometown Museum in the town’s train station, Marceline Post Office, a visit to the children’s auto ride originally donated by Walt and Roy from Disneyland in the mid-1960s, the Walt Disney Elementary School, which features Disney character murals designed by Disney Legend Bob Moore, and many other special locations. Lunch will be provided.
As evening approaches, Guests will be transported to Walt Disney’s family farm for a very special reception near his iconic childhood home. The reception will begin with a Pollyanna-inspired “Bazaar” filled with games and refreshments, followed by a hometown dinner with all the fixins’ as you enjoy live music while mingling with fellow D23 Members and Disney Guests.
“Everything connected with Marceline was a thrill to us,” Walt once said, and D23 knows that the same will be true for its Members. Whether this is will be your first visit or a homecoming, it will be a special occasion of summer magic that will inspire all, just as it did for Walt so many years ago.
Here are more details regarding the event from D23:
This event is exclusively available to D23 Gold Members.
D23 Members will be required to show a photo ID and their D23 Membership Card.
Event check-in will be held on Friday, May 13, from 7-9 p.m. at The Elms Hotel & Spa, roughly 30 miles from Kansas City, Missouri, in Excelsior Springs. Motorcoaches to Marceline will leave promptly at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 14, and return that evening to The Elms Hotel & Spa at approximately 10:30 p.m. All Guests must utilize D23’s transportation to and from Marceline. Hotel accommodations at The Elms Hotel & Spa are not included and attendees are not required to stay on property. Details on the room block will be included in the event confirmation once tickets are purchased.
Cost for the event is $350 per person (plus $7 processing fee). Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at 10 a.m. PST/12 p.m. CST/1 p.m. EST through this link. The event includes several specially crafted gifts to help you enjoy your visit and commemorate this special occasion.
D23 shared that the event will include:
- Motorcoach transportation for the round-trip journey from Excelsior Springs, Missouri, to Marceline (100 miles each way)
- Continental breakfast snacks for the trip
- Special presentation on Walt’s hometown with Marceline residents
- Catered lunch
- Access to the Walt Disney Hometown Museum
- Ability to explore various parts of Marceline, such as the Marceline Post Office, Walt Disney Elementary School, and other locations on Main Street
- Visit to the property of Walt Disney’s former family farm, featuring live music and a hometown dinner
- A commemorative gift created exclusively for this special occasion
- As a reminder for all our guests, if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please stay home and take care of yourself. These can include, but are not limited to, cough, fever, sore throat, headache, chills, or body aches. You should also refrain from attending if you were recently in close contact with anyone who is COVID positive. Masks will be required indoors at all times, including onboard the motorcoach.
D23 Gold Members may purchase tickets for themselves and up to three (3) Guests.
- All Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend this D23 event.
- All dietary restrictions must be communicated to our Guest Services team by April 30, 2022.
- This event does not include hotel accommodations at The Elms Resort & Spa. Guests will receive exclusive D23-rate information in the confirmation email. In order to receive this rate, all Elms Resort & Spa accommodations must be booked by April 30, 2022.
- During portions of the day, transportation will not be provided, and Guests will be required to walk to and from locations, rain or shine.
- D23 Members attending must bring their photo ID and event tickets or they will not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed Members and Guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present for their guests to gain entry to the event.
- All D23 events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place in MARCELINE, MISSOURI, during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.