The third season of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series has gone into production Disney announced today. This season is set during the summer at Camp Shallow Lake. This is a family-owned camp in California. There, the Wildcats will be mounting a summer production of Frozen. This will of course also mean the determination of who should be getting the lead. Season three of the series will feature music from Frozen along with music from the High School Musical franchise and also from Camp Rock.
This season will see some new faces joining the cast. This includes Adrian Lyles and Saylor Bell (I Didn’t Do It) and guest stars Corbin Bleu (Disney’s High School Musical franchise), Meg Donnelly (Disney’s ZOMBIES franchise) and Jason Earles (Disney’s Hannah Montana). These new faces will be joining season one and two cast members Joshua Bassett (“Ricky”), Matt Cornett(“E.J.”), Sofia Wylie (“Gina”), Julia Lester (“Ashlyn”), Dara Reneé (“Kourtney”), Frankie Rodriguez (“Carlos”), Kate Reinders (“Miss Jenn”), Olivia Rose Keegan (“Lily”) and Olivia Rodrigo (“Nini”).
Disney released a breakdown of the new cast members. They are as follows:
- Adrian Lyles (Series Regular) as “Jet,” Camp Shallow Lake’s mysterious new kid. A recipient of the prestigious YoungArts Award by the National Foundation for the Advancement of Artists, Lyles began playing piano when he was three years old and filmed his first commercial at age four. The Florida native has since booked various print jobs as well as commercials, including Six Flags and Guitars and Growlers. In addition to acting, Lyles performs with Melody of Hope, a non-profit organization supporting and advocating for non-profits across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex through music.
- Saylor Bell (Series Regular) as “Maddox,” a bright-eyed, quick-witted “techie,” who always follows the rules. Hailing from Chicago and a family of actors, Bell has appeared in “Mom,” “The Big Show Show” and “New Girl” as well as Disney Channel’s “I Didn’t Do It.”
- Corbin Bleu (Guest Star) as himself, star of the “High School Musical” franchise. Best known for his role as Chad Danforth in the HSM franchise, Bleu recently starred in TV movies “Love, For Real” and “A Christmas Dance Reunion.” Broadway credits include Lucentio/Bill Calhoun in the Tony Award nominated revival of “Kiss Me Kate,” Jesus in “Godspell,” Usnavi in “In the Heights” and Ted Hanover in the Tony Award nominated production of Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn,” which garnered him the Chita Rivera Award for Outstanding Male Dancer in a Broadway Show.
- Meg Donnelly (Guest Star) as “Val” a confident and funny college student and longtime camper-turned-Counselor-in-Training, who is ready to choreograph the summer production of “Frozen.” An accomplished singer, musician and dancer, Donnelly is well known for her starring roles as Addison in Disney’s popular “ZOMBIES” franchise and Taylor Otto on ABC’s hit comedy series “American Housewife.” She has performed alongside the likes of Steve Aoki, Avril Lavigne and Alessia Cara, and her debut album “trust” (2019) features tracks with KOTA The Friend and 2 Milly.
- Jason Earles (Guest Star) as “Dewey Wood,” the stone-faced, killjoy of a Camp Director of Camp Shallow Lake. Earles has spent the last two decades as a successful actor, producer and director. Best known for his roles as Jackson Stewart in “Hannah Montana” and “Hannah Montana: The Movie” as well as Rudy Gillespie and Bobby Wasabi in “Kickin’ It,” Earles served as the cast’s acting coach for the first two seasons of “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.” He has had the pleasure of working alongside the likes of Larry David, Brooke Shields, Vicki Lawrence, Dolly Parton in “Hannah Montana,” James Spader in “Boston Legal,” Michael Chiklis in “The Shield,” and Nic Cage in “National Treasure.”
A release date for season three of the series has not been announced yet. What do you think of the concept for season three of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!