Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be opening on January 2, 2022. This water park is a family-friendly destination that includes some favorite attractions along with the debut of some new menu items and other commemorative culinary features. This comes as Walt Disney World Resort continues to celebrate its 50th Anniversary.
Typhoon Lagoon has a wonderful backstory. It is the tale of a rogue storm and tidal wave that turned what was once a waterside paradise into the lagoon it is today. Because of the storm and tidal wave, the shrimping ship, Miss Tilly, was impaled upon the top of Mount Mayday. Throughout Typhoon Lagoon other details can be seen that were impacted by the storm. This includes its topsy-turvy architecture and also nautical gear that has been thrown about by the storm.
There are several attractions to be enjoyed at Typhoon Lagoon. This includes slides, flumes, and wet and “water-ful” places for the entire family to enjoy. These attractions include:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool, America’s largest outdoor wave pool where guests can “hang 10’’ while bodying surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls, a fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer – a seafaring treasure hunter – got her haul caught years ago in a rogue typhoon, scattering her treasure across this tropical paradise.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher, a thrilling water coaster featuring three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek, a scenic lazy river encircling the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga, offering a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
The surf programs will also be restarting at Typhoon Lagoon. They take place in the Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool. This is a state-of-the-art surf pool that controls each and every wave. It can even create right, left, or center peaks for the waves. The surf programs include:
- Learn to Surf – Ideal for all skill levels, surf lessons offer guests the chance to learn to surf during group lessons with a certified surf instructor.
- Private Surf Bookings – Guests can host their own private surfing event for up to 25 individuals during select times. Private Surf is returns Jan. 7; bookings are now available.
For those looking to enjoy a DOLE Whip, the Snack Shack will be the place to go. There will be multiple DOLE Whip offerings on the menu. This will include two Moana-inspired Dole Whip character cones. Guests will also be able to create their own tropical flavor combinations with choices of mango, lime, raspberry, or pineapple DOLE Whip.
For the adults, they can mix tequila, coconut rum, or dark rum to their DOLE Whip creations. The Snack Shack at Typhoon Tilly’s will also be serving Habanero Lime Galley Shack Swirl, a new signature cocktail that will balance spicy habanero, sweet mango, and also tangy lime flavors.
As the 50th Anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort continues on. Some specialized menus have also been made available for Typhoon Lagoon. They include:
- Walt’s Chili Nachos(Snack Shack) – A new twist on a classic favorite, this playful interpretation of Walt Disney’s beloved chili recipe features house-fried tortillas, cheese, guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and jalapeño.
- EARidescent Ice Dream Cone (Happy Landings) – This birthday cake-flavored soft-serve swirl in a white chocolate-dipped cone honors the celebration with EARidescent sprinkles.
- Walt Disney World Popcorn Bucket (Main Change) – Available throughout the celebration, this popcorn bucket features whimsical illustrations of iconic Walt Disney World landmarks along with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their 50th celebration fashions.
- 50th Anniversary Refillable Mug – The new 50th anniversary Refillable Mug will be available at all dining locations and features celebratory Disney Water Parks-inspired artwork that pays tribute to “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
What do you think of the reopening of Typhoon Lagoon? What are you most looking forward to experiencing there? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below. You can also book your next trip to Walt Disney World through Mouseways Travels!