Harmonious will be opening at EPCOT on October 1st as part of Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th Anniversary celebration. To bring this musical and magical show to life, a global ensemble was pulled together to help celebrate “the music of Disney and its ability to unite us all, bridging cultures and generations to unlock the magic of possibility.”
There were over 100 recording sessions to put the soundtrack to life. This included singers from nine countries around the globe and five different states from around the country. Nearly 240 musicians, artists, composers, arrangers, cultural consultants, and vocalists came together to make this magical music for Harmonious.
When guests experience Harmonious, they will get to hear different interpretations of Disney songs they know and love. They will be performed in over a dozen languages by performers from around the world. Some of these artists will have recognizable names, and others are newer names that will be heard by the global audience offered at EPCOT.
Here is a look at some of the global talent that came together for the music of Harmonious:
- Luis Fonsi, the award-winning Puerto Rican artist and Mexican singer/songwriter Joy come together for pan-Latin versions of songs from Coco and Saludos Amigos.
- Bryson Campuer and Gospel Artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard come together for Dig a Little Deeper from The Princess and the Frog.
- Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara, and Sanaa Marahati come together to sing songs from Mulan, The Jungle Book, and Aladdin.
- The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg sing a medley of songs from The Lion King in both English and Zulu.
- French pop singer Damien Sargue sings Out There from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Grammy and Emmy-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist, and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling play bring their violins together to play some of the music from Brave.
The show will begin with a compilation of How Far I’ll Go from Moana and also Go the Distance from Hercules. This will be performed by Danny Gokey, the American Idol finalist and three-time Grammy nominee. He will be joined by vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb. The show culminates by building to a finale that unites everyone that is around World Showcase and around the world. This will be done as many of the musicians come together to perform a moving song at the end of the show. Below is a look at the ensemble coming together to create this magical music.
Throughout Harmonious, elements of EPCOT’s new anthem will be heard. This anthem was composed by Pinar Toprak. The arrangement was put together by Mark Hammond and also Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Music Producer and Creative Director Yaron Spiwak. Disney promises that this will be a “magnificent cultural symphony unlike anything heard before.”
Harmonious will open at EPCOT on October 1st. What do you think of what you are seeing of this new show so far? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.
Book your next Disney trip through DAPS MAGIC’s travel partner Mouseways Travel! Let them focus on the details so you can focus on the magic! Get information or book your next trip by clicking on our TRAVEL link in the menu or go to dapsmagic.com/travel!