This November 19-21, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will take on Disney’s Contemporary Resort for the biggest Disney fan event of the year! This year’s event will celebrate 50 years of Walt Disney World as it takes place so close to Disney’s Magic Kingdom! Be sure to grab your tickets for Destination D23 2021 when they go on sale this week!
The tickets will go on sale this Thursday at 10 am PST/ 1 pm EST. There will also be a virtual waiting room for the ticket purchasing process that will open at the same time. Hopefully, this is a very smooth process for everyone hoping to grab tickets! General seating will be $249 plus a $7 processing fee. Preferred seating will be $399 plus a $7 processing fee.
Here are some of the highlights of Destination D23 2021 from the D23 website:
- A kickoff welcome presentation with Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company.
- What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products—Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share what’s new and what’s next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. The exclusive presentation will feature updates on some of the most anticipated projects around the world. And as D23 Members know, there is always a surprise or two in store!
- A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+!
- Musical Memories of Walt Disney World— A journey through 50 years of the Walt Disney World songbook with Walt Disney Imagineering, revealing the stories behind beloved fan-favorite melodies and a peek into the process of creating new ones.
- Destination D23 audiences will also thrill to performances from Michael James Scott, Genie in Disney on Broadway’s hit Aladdin and Disney’s acapella sensation DCappella.
- The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World— Dive into the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections for a look at over 50 years of the most gorgeous, stunning, and surprising artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth over the years.
- The Magical Musical World of Encanto—Join filmmakers and special guests for a melodic Saturday evening celebration of the upcoming musical, the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios!
- Weird Disney World—The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns, as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline digs into Disney history to bring you a half century of the wildest and wackiest Walt Disney World moments!
- How the (Disney) World Began—Join Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini, authors and historians behind A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth and Disney Legend Dick Nunis for a look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into the Vacation Kingdom of the World.
- Park Stars: Original Characters of Walt Disney World—Figment, Big Al, the Orange Bird, and Teddi Barra are just a few of the many Disney characters created specifically for Walt Disney World. Join Imagineers Diana Brost and Jason Grandt as they take you on a journey around the “world” to meet many of the fun personalities that appear in Walt Disney World attractions and shows.
Here are some of the can’t-miss experiences that will be offered at the event as well!
The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic—An all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives takes you through a half-century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. From figurines and fanny packs to pins and plush, relive each exciting decade through the souvenirs that brought the Vacation Kingdom of the World home!
- Mickey’s of Glendale—The Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- Special Film Screening—On Friday, November 19, event guests will also be invited to a special screening at Disney Springs.**
- Disney+ Party—Join Disney+ for the grand finale of an incredible weekend with a special celebration you can’t miss!
There will also be select segments and panels live-streamed on the D23 website and select social media channels. Be sure to stay tuned to see which segments you’ll be able to watch from the comfort of your home!
Will you be attending Destination D23 2021 this November? Be sure to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook to let us know!