The Walt Disney World Resort is relaxing some of its physical distancing guidelines. This comes as Walt Disney World continues its phased reopening and takes more steps towards normalcy. These relaxation of guidelines for physical distancing will be implemented in phases as well.
The relaxed physical distancing guidelines will not impact the current six-feet distancing protocols that are in place for dining locations, stores, or anywhere else guests are allowed to temporarily remove face coverings. Walt Disney World will still be utilizing ground markings and and directional signage. There will also to be continued limits of party size to 10 people for queues, restaurants, and other areas to enable physical distancing.
The change in policy comes as Walt Disney World Resort announced it was going to no longer continue with temperature screenings of Cast Members and Guests. Walt Disney World is also beginning to bring back stage shows. The first is A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It also comes as Universal Studios Orlando also announced it was reducing physical distancing from six feet to three feet.
Walt Disney World Resort continues to operate with a limited capacity and other health and safety guidelines in accordance with health and safety official guidelines. What do you think about the relaxation of some of the physical distancing guidelines? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!
Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.
Current Official Physical Distancing Policy at Walt Disney World Resort:
Physical distancing measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Walt Disney World Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places to help promote proper separation between people, including in queues and on transportation and attractions. Barriers may also be visible, for example, in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations.
- Party Size: Guests traveling in parties of more than 10 are asked to split into smaller groups in queues, dining locations and other areas around our parks and resorts to better allow for physical distancing.
- Parking: Cashless payment is recommended at the auto plazas.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.