Universal Studios Orlando has updated its mask policy. Today the resort announced on its website that face coverings are no longer required outdoors. This doesn’t mean that face coverings are completely eliminated for guests, however. They will still be required for all indoor locations. Masks will also be required for all attractions. The requirement will begin the moment a guest enters a queue and continue until the guest exits the entire attraction’s experience.
The updates come as theme parks in Florida continue their phased reopening and return to normal after closing last year due to the coronavirus. At this point, Walt Disney World Resort has not updated its face covering policies. DAPS MAGIC will continue to follow this story and provide updates as they become available.
Here is the new official new guidelines for face coverings from the Universal Studios Orlando website:
New Safety Guidelines: Getting Closer to Normal.
We’re excited to enhance your Universal experience with the latest safety updates from local health and government officials.
- Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
- Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
- Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
- Guests must still provide their own face covering.
- Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet (1 meter).
As always, we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.
What do you think of these new updated face covering guidelines? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!