When it opens the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will offer Star Wars fan the uptime Star Wars experience. Guests will get to go on a cruise through the galaxy and visit Batuu when they go in this ultimate Star Wars experience. It has already been announced that later this year the Galactic Starcruiser will be accepting reservations. Now, it also is looking for a general manger ahead of when it opens next year. The following post was put on the Disney Careers website:
Are you ready to command a Galactic Starcruiser, the Halcyon, where you will take passengers on an adventure to a galaxy far, far, away? Be the first Admiral (GM) to manage this fully immersive, luxury resort, where guests and crew are part of a Star Wars story, including encounters between Resistance forces and the First Order.
We are seeking a seasoned hotelier with extensive senior leadership hospitality experience on land or at sea to serve as Resort Manager / Hotel Director. He/she will drive and execute a unique immersive “cruise-like experience” aligned with our Star Wars franchise. This experience will operate as a two-night journey and be the world’s first multi-day immersive adventure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, value a non-traditional work environment, and balance a traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment.
- Provide operational leadership for the end-to-end star cruiser experience for Cast Members and Guests
- Develop high performance teams focused on achieving operational, financial, creative, and business performance metrics
- Overall responsibility for communicating with Entertainment and Cast Members to keep the experience on schedule while directing social and technical aspects of the operation
- Leverage a strong service orientation and a disciplined work ethic to inspire our Cast to exceed Guest expectations every day
- Proactively focus on anticipating diverse needs of our global consumers and ability to translate these needs into highly relevant and meaningful Guest experiences
- Drive a unique immersive experience by leveraging strategic support partnerships and integration to provide an exceptional level of service to our Guests
- Provide inspiring leadership and direction for environment, conservation, safety and social responsibility initiatives; and improve customer service through metric validations, training and operational nuance.
- Responsible for supervision of financial planning and budget tracking for areas of responsibility, working closely with producers and production managers on assigned projects
- Function as the central filtering point for all creative input from project team members and other stakeholders on assigned projects as well as collaborator for creative issues through providing detailed and specific information related to the operational impact of creative direction as required to all project team members
- Minimum of 10 years combined progressive hospitality and entertainment leadership experience in a resort or cruise environment
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Proven leader who recognizes, retains and invests in the development of talent and the growth and satisfaction of the teams with the ability to inspire, drive engagement and foster teamwork
- Ability to understand client needs and develop innovative ideas to meet business objectives
- Proven leader who enables the overarching strategy and drives results through creative sensibilities, strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated experience delivering operational excellence and leading businesses to strong financial performance
- Demonstrated strong decision-making capabilities with the ability to solve complex problems and manage multiple priorities, while promoting innovation and change
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or equivalent experience
The position can be found here: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/lake-buena-vista/galactic-starcruiser-general-manager/391/15468504
The Galactic Starcruiser will be opening at Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. At this time a price for the experience isn’t unknown. The exact date the experience will open is also unknown. What is known is that reservations will open sometime later this year and that Disney is seeking a general manager to run it.
What do you think of this position? Are you or anyone you know going to apply? Share your thoughts about it in the comments below!